Forum Archive - .htaccess issues - languages pages broken link

.htaccess issues - languages pages broken link
Jan 27, 2014 2:34 pm by DF30000
I have a Drupal 7 website and have been using GTranslate without problems, I updated the site with the latest version of Drupal 7 (V7.26) and now when people try to use the site's drop down menu they get a broken link ie the site cannot find the cached languages. I over wrote the .htaccess file (that was on the server) with the default .htaccess file (on the root level) from the Drupal upgrade, is this is the problem. I initially copied RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] from another post on this forum but when I added this code to the default .htaccess error msg saying I needed the ionCube loader, I know I did this sometime ago when I asked my web hosting service provider to add this feature. I urgently need this to be resolved. www.alvanblanchgroup.com I have disabled the language drop down menu for the time being. Kind regards
Re: .htaccess issues - languages pages broken link
Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm by DF30000
I add the above code to .htaccess (saved in root level) and got the following error msg Site error: the file /[deleted by me/[deleted by me]/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation. I had already asked the web hosting service provider to do this and the site was fully working with no problems with languages - I really need help to get the languages back up I will in the meantime disable the language drop down menu again Thanks
Jan 27, 2014 8:35 pm by Yana
Hi, Just have checked your website and can see that you fixed the issue. The translation is working properly.
Jan 28, 2014 11:37 am by DF30000
Hi Yana The issue was that I overwrote the .htaccess file (containing the gtranslate code) with Drupal's default .htaccess. I also had amend (on my web hosting cpanel) the PHP version from 5.2 to 5.4 (for the IonCube Loader). I get another error message regarding the views module but this out of your remit. Thanks for replying anyway. Kind regards
Jan 28, 2014 5:18 pm by Yana
Thank you. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have more questions.