Forum Archive - GTranslate Free Bug - On Fly

GTranslate Free Bug - On Fly
Jan 27, 2014 9:25 pm by laclede
I am using the GTranslate Free version set to "on fly". I have my primary language set to English, and a couple different languages available to choose from. If you click the drop down box you see English, along with the other languages I have selected to show. If you click the drop down and select English for some reason it translates the page from English to "Afrikaans", or at least that is what the Google Translate option that pops up on Chrome states. Is there any way to fix this? I am using this as a Joomla Module.
Re: GTranslate Free Bug - On Fly
Jan 28, 2014 4:59 pm by Yana
Hi, Thank you for the information. We will investigate the issue. Please try to change the translation method to "Redirect" .
Feb 4, 2014 10:29 pm by stuffdone
In your troubleshooting section you say please contact the other extension developer and ask them to make their extension compatible with GTranslate. Their response was to contact you to fix GTranslate to work with their extension. Okay so now both sides say the other one is at fault so I am in the middle. How do I fix it if all developers insist their extension is working fine when so far only gTranslate is the one not working for me? I can live without translation, it is a plus but if it won't play with others I need the others more than I need language options. Clicking or choosing another language does nothing at all unless set to redirect. :roll:
Feb 5, 2014 9:24 am by Edvard
Can you please explain your situation? May be you can post your website address, so we can see the issue? Thank you!
Feb 5, 2014 2:45 pm by stuffdone
Can you please explain your situation? May be you can post your website address, so we can see the issue? Thank you! godleetikas.com I think I explained the issue above but if you have a specific question let me know. While this is an "extra" for this site I would like it to function. The program that is using Jquery is the shopping cart which is necessary, the translation option is not necessary. ( But it is turned off because I don't want to present customers with a function that is not working ) Thanks much for ideas.
Feb 5, 2014 5:12 pm by Edvard
Hi, I do not see anything above other than you have contacted other extension developer. I do not know what is the other extension as well. It will be helpful to know what you do, what you expect to happen and what really happens. Also, I will need it to be enabled on your site to check step by step and be able to see your issue to assist. Let me know. Thanks!