Forum Archive - Enterprise version backup translations

Enterprise version backup translations
Feb 4, 2014 12:37 am by lizardman
Hi, As I understand, for the Enterprise version you are keeping the translations on your servers and backing them up. Is it possible for us to have those backups? I would like to receive backups of our translations once in a week or so, if possible. Our website is www.thevenusproject.com Thank you, Borislav
Re: Enterprise version backup translations
Feb 4, 2014 7:47 am by Yana
Dear Borislav, The translation cache is centralized and it is on our server. Of course we keep backups but we cannot provide you with them.
Feb 4, 2014 11:38 am by lizardman
Dear Yana, Thanks for the answer. It is very important for us to have regular backups of the translations. Since we are constantly adding more translations and often improving the existing ones, we would have to copy/paste all changed pages every time there is a change. This is a very untechnological solution, especially given that the translations are already automatically backed up in your cache. I imagine there must be some way for us to receive your backups of the translations. The format doesn't matter. If there are things in there that you don't want us to have, they can be removed. Can you please see if there is some way to do this? I am willing to help with whatever I can to find some solution.
Feb 4, 2014 5:42 pm by Edvard
Dear Borislav, We are responsible for the translation backups. We cannot provide you our backups. Hope you understand. Thank you!
Feb 4, 2014 6:51 pm by lizardman
Dear Edvard, Thanks for answering. I do understand, yes. Then I am wondering if there is a way for us to 'catch' the translations as they come from your servers to our site, and write them to a file. Sorry I am insisting on this. I just want to minimize possible manual work for us, so I'm investigating ways for automation.
Feb 4, 2014 6:57 pm by Edvard
The translations never come to your site. They stay on our servers always. May be you can explain what for you need the translations and I'll try to help. Thanks!
Feb 4, 2014 7:59 pm by lizardman
We need the translations because then we will rely only on ourselves. If something goes wrong, there is no need to hope that someone else has followed best practices thoroughly. Also, if in the future we decide to change the translation extension, we would be able to do that without any problem. (Not that this is likely - for now I am very pleased with GTranslate and almost managed to make it fit all our needs.) This is not because you are somehow not trustworthy. On the opposite - it is because I don't trust anyone and anything. :) I think this should be the default mode of thinking for everybody.
Feb 5, 2014 9:26 am by Edvard
Hi, I think that GTranslate Pro will best fit your needs. You will be on your own. Thanks!
Feb 7, 2014 11:21 pm by lizardman
But then we will lose url translations and such. We'll stick with Enterprise for now. :) Thanks for your help and suggestion!
Feb 9, 2014 8:25 pm by Yana
Yes, URL translation feature is available only in Enterprise version. Thank you for staying with us!