Forum Archive - multilingual manual/auto issue

multilingual manual/auto issue
Feb 10, 2014 11:29 am by alfredopacino
hi i have a joomla multilingual site (italian/english) with joomla multilingual system, i added some additional automatic translation, but i noticed if i click on a flag in gtranslate module, i can't go back to my original languages! how can i solve?
Re: multilingual manual/auto issue
Feb 10, 2014 11:33 am by Yana
Hi, Which version of GTranslate you are using? Can you please post your website address, so I can check ?
Feb 10, 2014 11:56 am by alfredopacino
sent you a pvt
Feb 10, 2014 12:03 pm by Yana
Hi, Please make sure that you set the default language correctly. Also try to change the translation method to "Redirect" .
Feb 10, 2014 12:48 pm by alfredopacino
Hi, Please make sure that you set the default language correctly. Also try to change the translation method to "Redirect" . the site language is set to italian. with redirect i get a totally messed up site design. i don't know if is clear: italian and english translation are manual, just chinese is "gtranslated"
Feb 10, 2014 12:51 pm by Yana
Hi, If you havea problem with the template please check your website for HTML validation errors and try to fix at least end tag errors. You can use validator.w3.org
Feb 10, 2014 1:36 pm by alfredopacino
Hi, If you havea problem with the template please check your website for HTML validation errors and try to fix at least end tag errors. You can use validator.w3.org the errors are almost all about & (& did not start a character reference..) anyway i dont want google translate frame on top.. there is a way to use google default or on the fly translation with ONE gtranslate flag and 2 manual translate flag?
Feb 10, 2014 2:40 pm by Yana
Hi, Just have checked your website and can see 107 HTML validation errors. As you can see there are some end tag errors . Please try to fix them to prevent the template issues.
Feb 10, 2014 3:29 pm by alfredopacino
Hi, Just have checked your website and can see 107 HTML validation errors. As you can see there are some end tag errors . Please try to fix them to prevent the template issues. yep but the template issues shows just in "redirect mode", i dont need redirect mode
Feb 10, 2014 4:21 pm by Yana
Dear Alfredo, Please note that with the free version you cannot use 2 different language extensions. You should set one language as a default and another languages will be translated via GTranslate. For example if you set English as a default language Italian and Chinese will be translated via GTranslate. You should use our language selector to switch to the main language. If you want to use Italian manual translations you should use GTranslate pro. You will need to install the GTranslate Pro general version and make changes in .htaccess rules . You will need to replace [a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW with the languages which will be translated via GTranslate.