Forum Archive - Adding Portuguese (Brazilian) as a separate language

Adding Portuguese (Brazilian) as a separate language
Feb 21, 2014 11:09 pm by lizardman
Hi, From the GTranslate module settings it's possible to choose either Portuguese or Portuguese (Brazilian). We would like to have both languages at the same time as option for people to select. How can this be done? We're using the Enterprise version. Thanks in advance. :)
Re: Adding Portuguese (Brazilian) as a separate language
Feb 22, 2014 2:02 pm by Edvard
Hi, unfortunately Google Translate doesn't have Brazilian option for Portuguese yet.
Feb 22, 2014 3:19 pm by lizardman
Hi, What if we neglect Google Translate and just set up a pt-BR subdomain? Can this work? We don't need machine translation, we just need the ability to make human translations. So a pt-BR subdomain, all untranslated but with ability to add human translations, would do a great job for us. Can this be set up? Thanks for your support. :)
Feb 24, 2014 8:28 am by Edvard
Hi, Please give me some time to try to configure our system appropriately and make it possible for you. Thanks!
Feb 24, 2014 10:51 am by lizardman
Of course, take the time you need. Thank you so much! :)
May 6, 2014 7:48 pm by lizardman
Hi, Any development on this? Thanks. :)
May 7, 2014 1:47 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you please remind me your domain name? Currently it is in our testing stage, I'll try to make tests for you before it goes online. Thanks!
May 7, 2014 5:45 pm by lizardman
Sure, the domain is: www.thevenusproject.com Let me know if I can do something to help with the testing. Thanks.
May 7, 2014 6:16 pm by Edvard
Please add pt-br cname record and test. Thanks!
May 8, 2014 12:57 pm by lizardman
Added. You can see it here: http://pt-br.thevenusproject.com/ Everything appears to be working fine, translations get saved and showing correctly. But there is a % sign at the beginning of every string. I gave it more than 12 hours but they still haven't disappeared. Do you know why they are showing?
May 8, 2014 1:04 pm by Edvard
They won't disappear until you manually translate everything. We cannot translate Brazilian Portuguese this time. As you mentioned you don't need machine translation. Thanks!
May 8, 2014 1:35 pm by lizardman
OK, thank you!
May 8, 2014 1:51 pm by Edvard
Thanks!