Forum Archive - Gtranslate PRO is compatible?

Gtranslate PRO is compatible?
Apr 2, 2011 3:38 am by daniellima
Hello, I want to buy gtranslate PRO , but I want to sure that is compatible with my two sites: 1) I have a site using phpfusion system (http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/) 2) I ahve another site using YABB fórum (http://www.yabbforum.com/) running perl/cgi and together running with php site made by me. The gtranslate PRO works with this system as well? What is the core method to translate? The php file get the complete url, download it, translate with google api and return to browser client? Thanks a lot
Re: Gtranslate PRO is compatible?
Apr 2, 2011 3:21 pm by daniellima
Other question: post forms works with this sistem as well? Thanks
Apr 2, 2011 4:31 pm by Edvard
If you have PHP with Curl and ionCube as well as Apache mod_rewrite or alternative it will work for your site. Yes, basically the method is like you describe. Can you be more specific about your forms question? It doesn't change the action attribute of the form, so when you submit a form, it goes directly to your site processor, not through the translator program.
Apr 2, 2011 5:18 pm by daniellima
Hello about the forms. For example, the user is accessing the site url /ja for japanese language. If this user submit a form to login to the forum, the action page will show translated too or go to original site with default language? Your phpbb form here, I was tested trying /ja ou other language, but only this forum dont translate. Its not possible? The price for license is per site or is per user? Thanks
Apr 4, 2011 12:18 pm by Edvard
It will go to the original language after the login. You can modify your login script to take the visitor back to the URL with the language code. I have disabled the translation of my forum. But it works, just saving traffic. The license is for one domain name.
Apr 4, 2011 12:26 pm by daniellima
Hello, 1) The google api have limitation for ammount of translations per day/hour or other limitation? Because my sites have a lot of characters per page, and I have more then 90.000 pages.. 2) I have strong firewall system behind my servers, and I want to know what ports/ips need to allow? I think the url for google translate on port 80, is it correct? And other url ou ips/ports needed to allow connection? Thanks
Apr 4, 2011 12:40 pm by Edvard
There is 100.000 character daily limit. So every day 100KB of your site will be translated and cached. Also it will start the translation from the most popular content, since the translations are done on demand. You need to enable your server to connect to your server 80 port, also you need to enable your server to connect to google translator port 443 (it uses SSL for translations).
Apr 4, 2011 12:51 pm by daniellima
1) And this 100kb limit include all source code returned of each page/link or your implementation send only the words to be translated? 2) The translation process is per access demand or I need to set crontab job or think like this? Because I want to translate all pages before promotion the translated url's for google indexing and user access. 3) When the amount of 100kb exceed, the system stop for that day automatically? 4) And if one especific link/page content more then 100kb, the gtranslate can translate one part and next day the next part and then put all togheter ?? 5) Can I exclude some languages to be translated? Because google adsense dont support all languages and if I use adsense with unsupported languages, google can punish me. Thanks a lot and sorry for a lot of questins.
Apr 5, 2011 7:09 pm by Edvard
Please find my response below: 1) And this 100kb limit include all source code returned of each page/link or your implementation send only the words to be translated? -- Just words / sentences. 2) The translation process is per access demand or I need to set crontab job or think like this? Because I want to translate all pages before promotion the translated url's for google indexing and user access. -- As I have mentioned earlier, no need to do anything after a correct installation. You can wait a week or two depending on your traffic, so all your popular pages will be translated and you can start promoting. 3) When the amount of 100kb exceed, the system stop for that day automatically? -- yes 4) And if one especific link/page content more then 100kb, the gtranslate can translate one part and next day the next part and then put all togheter ?? -- yes 5) Can I exclude some languages to be translated? Because google adsense dont support all languages and if I use adsense with unsupported languages, google can punish me. -- yes
Apr 6, 2011 3:19 am by daniellima
HI last 3 questions before buy licenses: 1) For example, considering I have mydomain.com mydomain.jp and mydomain.es Insted use url mydomain.com/jp , mydomain.br/es , etc Is possible to set for example mydomain.jp to open directly the japonese version mydomain.es to open directly spanish version, etc? 2) I have google adsense. For google, is better I have only 1 domain or have multiple domains each for 1 language? Like as described in item 1 3) For google, use translated site for a lot of languages, is not illegal and is not dangerous to google punish my adsense account and rank position in google search? Thanks a lot and congratulations for your good job
Apr 6, 2011 10:16 am by Edvard
1) It is possible, but it requires additional customization. I can do it for you for additional payment. 2) I suggest to have one domain name for all the languages with language codes. 3) I'm using AdSense with GTranslate Pro over 2 years and it is OK.