Forum Archive - How does the Adsense work...

How does the Adsense work...
Dec 2, 2010 7:47 pm by [email protected]
Hi... You say that we can get increased adsense clicks if we use gTranslate Pro because Adsense changes ads based on language. Well, why would this not work on the Free version? I'm assuming becasue the free version does a translation it too would make adsense change the type of ads that are shown. Is this correct?
Re: How does the Adsense work...
Dec 2, 2010 7:52 pm by Edvard
It will not work with the free version since you get the translated content on the fly and you don't have a URL for the translated page, so Google AdSense Bot can access it and analyse the content of your page to show appropriate ads. With the Pro version you will have a separate URL for the translated content.
Dec 2, 2010 8:10 pm by [email protected]
OK... Forgive me for being such a "nube" but what is the process for the actual translating of all my pages to all these languages to another page?
Dec 2, 2010 8:18 pm by Edvard
You install the Pro and you put a language selector on your site. The user selects a language ex. French to translate your front page yoursite.com, it checks if the language was previously translated, if yes it shows the translated page which has yoursite.com/fr/ URL, if there is no translation it asks Google Translator server to translate your page, caches the translation for later use for some period of time and then shows it.