Forum Archive - Gtranslate enterprise problems

Gtranslate enterprise problems
Mar 15, 2014 5:23 pm by mich80
Ok so we have this Gtranslate Enterprise running but we have several issues. Unfortunately support is not the best at the moment as we do not get replys for some days. Our website is automatic redirected by gtranslate to 4 other domains for different languages. How can the complete website be indexed in all languages at once, now every new page that is visited gets the % in front and the customer needs to reload. Google is already indexing us with % in front. How is analytics setup in multiple domains which are redirected by gtranslate ? Visits are not shown at the moment. Why do we get referrals from gtranlate.net in our analytics ? If a customer visits domain.eu/page1 (which is english) and selects german it should be redirected to domain.de/page1 now this is not possible as it goes to de.domain.eu/page1. In the description of the Enterprise subscription you mention that you can use tld’s for languages. We want them to stay on this page. How can we set this up? That .de replaces the subdomain de.domain.eu/page1 If we visit the automatic redirected page and like to edit the text domain.de/?language_edit=1 the provided login details do not work. We where under the impression that gtranslate enterprise would be a smart system and it recognizes edited translations?? So if we have 20 products with the same name and we edit one product the rest should be translated automatically ? Well this does not work. I hope we get a solution fast as for now Gtranslate Enterprise is now a real problem to work with. Thnx
Re: Gtranslate enterprise problems
Mar 16, 2014 3:07 pm by Edvard
Hi, Sorry about the inconvenience. We always try to reply fast to support requests. Can you please mention how you have contacted us, so we can improve our support service? I do not see any support requests on our help desk or on our forum. The indexing process depends solely on search engines and you cannot do anything about it besides providing a sitemap. When we discover new content on your site and there is no translation available we put % prefix and it is getting translated in less than 1 minute time. During that period we set a meta tag, so search engines will not index the pages with incomplete translations. So may be you can mention how we can see indexed pages in Google with %? I'm not sure about analytics, because I need to see how you have placed the analytics code on your website. Did you configure it or it is the default code you got from Google Analytics? Since you have asked us to set a new domain for German, you need to modify the default language selector to direct the visitor to a correct domain. You can get our HTML widget and set appropriate domain for German if it is problematic to modify the one you have on your website. Please try again, the login/password should work now. If you use a product name in a context it shouldn't work. But if it is not in context and you change a product name it should be changed everywhere on your site where the product name appears not in context. May be you can provide examples and we will suggest how to solve the situation. Please let me know. Thanks!
Mar 18, 2014 6:27 am by ingmardevos
Hi Edvard, Thanks for your reply! The domains: I have already tried modifying the HTML code in multiple ways. No matter how I would do it it will only support a redirect to the homepage. So when a customer is on a product page and wants to switch to his native language it will jump to the homepage in the new language. That's not the preffered way of course. How do we make it so the customer stays on the right page in the NEW language? How do we use 4 domains and other than that subdomains - all with the same functionality? We don't need de.domain.eu if we have domain.de. This is actually not good for Google anyway to have the same content indexed twice. Also we don't want a language subdomain to be appearing under the .de domain. So fr.domain.de shouldn't be possible. Hope I explained the issue clear! Concerning Analytics. Analytics has been set up to be used across multiple domains - with the tracking code that supports this. It doesn't work though. How can we give a different tracking code for the tld's or subdomains? See here the (anonimized) code: <meta name="uri-translation" content="on"/> <script type="text/javascript"> var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-CODE-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'domain.tld']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); </script> Thanks for your time Edvard!
Mar 18, 2014 9:07 am by Edvard
Hi, If you want to stay on the same page change href attribute in HTML widget to be: http://domain.fr<?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?> Please search for "google analytics multi domain" and you will find a lot of articles describing how to setup multi-domain analytics for your site.
Mar 19, 2014 7:39 pm by ingmardevos
Thanks Edvard. I will try both these things. Ingmar
Mar 25, 2014 3:53 am by ingmardevos
Hi Edvard, Unfortunately this code doesn't work, it will still redirect to the homepage of the selected language; http://domain.fr<?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>
Mar 25, 2014 3:55 am by ingmardevos
How do I prevent a domain like de.domain.fr from showing up in Google? When a visitor is on domain.fr we want them to be redirected to .de of course, and not to a subdomain?
Mar 25, 2014 1:28 pm by Edvard
Hi, I'm sure that you have done something wrong. Can you please let me know how you make changes, so I can fix it for you? You need to go to our website, customize and get the widget. Then you need to change the href="#" to a correct link for languages you want, so it will not redirect to subdomain when you click on a flag and remove the onclick event, I'm sure it is very simple. You need to remove the DNS record for de.domain.com and it won't show up. If you want to set a redirect, you need to host de.domain.com somewhere and make a redirect to domain.de. Let me know. Thanks!
Mar 26, 2014 8:42 pm by ingmardevos
Hi Edvard, It was very simple to change the code. However when I put that in (combined with of course the original module for all the other languages that don't have a tld) it will still redirect to the homepage. It won't stay on the actual page you're on as it works with the subdomains. So it looks like this part after the URL in the HREF tag does not work: <?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?> I'll send you an email with details. I'm not really talking about de.domain.com but more that in Google all kinds of subdomains show up under the .fr domain. That's not supposed to happen. How to prevent this? They are supposed to show up under the main .eu domain and not the language domains.. To make it clear; this is what happens in Google. Instead of displaying domain.de it will show de.domain.fr. That's wrong.
Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm by ingmardevos
Hi Edvard, I just managed to fix the flags redirecting to TLD's with keeping their current URL's. I will send you an email about the subdomains that show up under the other language TLD's. Thanks, Ingmar
Mar 29, 2014 8:57 pm by ingmardevos
Hello there, So, we'll use the forum as official communication from now. Can you please explain me clearly how to set up the DNS for domain.es and domain.fr and domain.de so they won't show ANY subdomains. The subdomains should only be visible and working on the maindomain.eu. The DNS is set up correctly for maindomain.eu - it shows the subdomains for the right languages. The DNS settings for the 3 language domains es,fr and de point to your IP address. How do we disable all subdomains for those 3 languages? Thank you.
Mar 29, 2014 9:30 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please make sure that you did not set our IP in DNS records of domain.es, domain.fr, etc with asterisk, which means that all subdomains will point to our IP address. In other words make sure that only www.domain.es and domain.es point to our IP address. If you can post here your records I can point out the issue. Thanks!