Forum Archive - Multiple Servers - Same Configuration

Multiple Servers - Same Configuration
Apr 4, 2014 3:57 am by Scine
Hello all, I have 3 servers in 3 different data centers. They are all identical in every way, and are used for load balancing/failover. I had gtranslate working properly when I had just a single server, however, when I copied all the files to each of my other servers, I now get the You don't have appropriate license for your XXXXX.com. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license or go back. I tried doing the ?verify_license=1 at the end of my URL, but it simply takes me to the home page. Do I need a Pro license because I have 3 servers? Or would the free one work just fine? Thank you all in advance!
Re: Multiple Servers - Same Configuration
Apr 4, 2014 8:05 am by Yana
Hi, If the domain names are different you will need to buy new licenses.
Apr 4, 2014 2:42 pm by Scine
The domain names are all the same. The servers are identical in every way. Would I still need a license?
Apr 4, 2014 4:12 pm by Edvard
No, there is no need for new licenses. Thanks.
Apr 4, 2014 4:34 pm by Scine
Oh perfect. Thank you for the quick reply! I greatly appreciate it.
Apr 4, 2014 8:38 pm by Yana
You're welcome!
Apr 8, 2014 10:49 am by fragmentally
This only works on one server at any given time. If you change to one of the other physical servers, this is what we get: "You don't have appropriate license for your www.OURDOMAIN.com. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license or go back." Additionally, our license.dat file gets overwritten with: "You don't have appropriate license for your OURDOMAIN.com:8080. <a href="https://gtranslate.io/">https://gtranslate.io/</a>" I have no idea where the :8080 is coming from. However, that shouldn't disqualify a license issue to "OURDOMAIN.com" as it is still under the domain name. FYI, "OURDOMAIN" is a fake name because I really don't want to expose our actual domain name on a public forum.
Apr 8, 2014 12:01 pm by Edvard
You host your site on a 8080 port, that's why you get that error, you need to reconfigure your servers to use 80 port for all your hosts after your router. Thanks!
Apr 8, 2014 12:32 pm by fragmentally
That's your answer? We do not host our site on 8080. Further, what if I want to host my server on 8080? The license doesn't permit the use of non-standard HTTP ports? That sounds like a rather restrictive (and arbitrary) license. Regardless, I assure you with a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% guarantee that absolutely no service, of any kind, is running on port 8080 - least of all our apache server. So, now that we've gotten that out of the way... Never mind. Your answer is completely dismissive and disregards my post.
Apr 8, 2014 12:37 pm by fragmentally
Let me make one suggestion, however. In the code that sends the request to "license.gtranslate.net", try this: $domain = preg_replace( "/^www\\./", "", $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] ); $domain = explode(':', $domain)[0]; It really isn't difficult to account for a non-standard port in PHP. Just sayin'.
Apr 8, 2014 12:40 pm by Edvard
Sorry, but you have said that you have a load balancer and 3 identical servers. So us I understand from your design the request comes to your load balancer which later decides to which server it should forward the request to. Your load balancer uses port 80, but if you see 8080 port in the error message, it can only mean that some of your servers uses port 8080. If you can provide your paypal email address or your domain name, I can investigate further. Thanks!
Apr 8, 2014 12:57 pm by fragmentally
DNS round robin only. There is no physical load-balancing hardware. As I said, the port is irrelevant regardless. The domain is what we registered with you, not ports. Good luck.
Apr 8, 2014 12:59 pm by Edvard
Yes, I understand that, but if you use our software on a domain with 8080 port it won't work and you will see the same error message in your license.dat file. Thanks!