Forum Archive - Custom Translations Not Saving

Custom Translations Not Saving
Apr 8, 2014 8:38 pm by webvolve
We have the Pro version and are trying to add custom manual translations for Chinese on certain pages of the website. We add the "?language_edit=1" to the URL and then click on the pencil icon, edit the text, then hit save. At no point does it ask me for a username and password and the translation doesn't save. When I refresh the page, the old automatic Google translation is there. The site is www.2014worldenergyforum.org. I have looked at a few help topics but in all versions they show that I should be asked for a username/password at some point. But I am not. Please help. Thank you! Micheal
Re: Custom Translations Not Saving
Apr 9, 2014 7:40 am by Yana
Dear Micheal, Please check GTranslate cache folders permissions (should be 777). I can see you are using general version . Please check the following post: edit-translations-problem-t1418.html Also you can install the joomla plugin version instead of the general version. You can find the instructions here https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... ion#plugin
Apr 9, 2014 10:27 pm by webvolve
I didn't install that plugin from that file because your installation instructions in the ZIP file say to use that version only for Joomla 1.5. It has a second plugin for 1.7 and the instructions say to use that only for that version. So I did a manual install using the installation instructions for other versions. Was I not supposed to do that? The permissions are set properly. If it is okay for me to install the plugin file through Joomla's automatic install, let me know and I can see if that solves the issue. The other link you gave is to a post that doesn't describe my issue. I never get to the username/password screen.
Apr 10, 2014 6:52 am by Yana
Hi, As you can see in the documentation plg_gtranslate-1.7.zip. is for Joomla 1.6.x , 1.7.x and higher versions , so you can install it .
Apr 11, 2014 8:28 am by webvolve
I installed the plugin that we received with the purchase and set the permissions for the cache and underlying folders to 777. However when I go to edit a translation, it tells me no such page exists. What could be happening here? FYI, the documentation is actually vague on there. It doesn't say the 1.7 file is for 1.7 or higher. It just says it is for 1.6.x and 1.7.x.
Apr 11, 2014 8:49 am by Yana
Hi, For the joomla plugin version you need to login to the frontend first and then add ?language_ediit=1 to the end of the URL to edit the translations. You should login using the following link http://www.2014worldenergyforum.org/ind ... view=login Please read this document carefully and let me know if you have any questions: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation Thanks !
Apr 11, 2014 7:31 pm by webvolve
This worked perfectly, thank you! One more thing - I am trying to change the names of the items in the top drop down menu. However when I click on the pencil beside the menu item, it doesn't stay up long enough before I am taken to the link for that menu item. Is there a trick or anything to changing the names up there without the menu item taking me to the target page?
Apr 12, 2014 7:41 pm by Yana
Hi, Which browser do you use? Can you send me access info , so I can check and understand what the problem is?