Forum Archive - Portugeise Flag Disappears

Portugeise Flag Disappears
May 6, 2014 11:46 pm by kefford
Hi, I am noticing that when I enable Portugeise as a flag, whether brazil or portugal, the flag disappears when the mouse is not hovering over the flag. This is the only language flag that does this. any idea why?
Re: Portugeise Flag Disappears
May 6, 2014 11:55 pm by kefford
Also, only for this flag, if I increase size the flag goes smaller and shows as a "superscript", or raised! Strange stuff indeed.
May 7, 2014 8:07 am by Edvard
Hi, Please post your website address, so I can check and provide a solution. Thanks!
May 7, 2014 11:31 am by kefford
http://sim-x.net/test/
May 7, 2014 11:41 am by Edvard
Hi, I think there is a conflict with jch-optimize you use. Please add a.alt_flag {background-image: url("/test/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/lang/alt_flagsa.png");background-repeat:no-repeat;} somewhere in your CSS files. I'm not sure, but if you try to clear cache of the optimize plugin it may fix the issue. You may also contact their support and ask how to fix it. Thanks!
May 7, 2014 12:48 pm by kefford
Ok, thank you.
May 7, 2014 12:50 pm by Edvard
You are welcome. Please do not forget to write if you find a solution. Thanks!
May 7, 2014 2:42 pm by kefford
I will post in the final solution. I am awaiting a release from JCHOptimize that I will install and test first. The version I am running is a bit old and the newest version had another problem that affected my site, and others. They will fix this in their next release that is pending any day now. Anyway, I will post in the final solution.
May 7, 2014 2:55 pm by Edvard
Thanks!
May 25, 2014 3:52 pm by kefford
To confirm, this issue has been addressed and was a result of using JCHOptimize. It builds a sprite to speed up site load time and the Portuguese flag was not being included properly in that Sprite. I excluded it from the Sprite and the problem went away. Had nothing to do with gTranslate. Thanks.
May 26, 2014 7:55 am by Edvard
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that you found a solution.