Forum Archive - Very long text problem

Very long text problem
May 11, 2014 1:58 pm by earlyworm
Hello GTranslate. I am using the Pro version. On my website I have a problem with long text parts. That means is there a lot of text the translation did not work an I got a blank website if I try to translate. This happend for example if I use blog category list and show all articels from this category. I think the problem is that big texts are need to much memory on the server. I have not found a solution for this problem. One solution for this problem could be if I can say for a menu item "do not translate" so for example the blog category list never will be translated. BUT if only one articel will shown I still can use the translations. Is this possible to say a menu item "not translate" Thanks in advance Kind regards
Re: Very long text problem
May 11, 2014 2:03 pm by Edvard
Hi, When you get a blank screen probably a PHP error is being generated. Can you please check your log files and post the error message here? Thanks!
May 11, 2014 2:39 pm by earlyworm
Hello The error message is: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 62914560 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 169778 bytes) in /var/www/web298/html/plugins/system/nnframework/helpers/text.php on line 286 The error only comes with gtranslate and a lot of text. I have no idea. Maybe you know?
May 11, 2014 2:42 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you check how much memory you have from PHP information? Most hostings allow to increase the memory limit. Let me know. Thanks!
May 11, 2014 3:11 pm by earlyworm
The memory_limit is set to the maximum 60M. dont think it is good to let one script uses all the memory. Do you know why I uses so much memory?
May 11, 2014 3:16 pm by Edvard
It is parsing your HTML and needs memory. Can you increase it to 128MB?
May 11, 2014 3:23 pm by earlyworm
No I cant. 60MB is the maximum. Otherwise I have to pay a lot of money to the provider. Is there a posibillity to say for this menu item (category blog list or a module) to say "not translate"?
May 11, 2014 3:26 pm by Edvard
It will require programming on your side to add the notranslate class attribute by a condition. We may offer you to upgrade to our Enterprise service to not have issues like that. Thanks!
May 11, 2014 3:31 pm by earlyworm
Is there a documentation how I can add this notranslate class on my website? Or a another place where I can find the instructions. Enterprise solution is to expensive. And it is only for long text site ... on the other pages it works fine. Thanks
May 11, 2014 3:37 pm by Edvard
It is a custom programming task and it is not documented. If you want we can do it for you for additional payment. Thank you!
May 11, 2014 3:47 pm by earlyworm
How much is the additional payment?
May 11, 2014 3:49 pm by Edvard
Please contact me privately on [email protected]