Forum Archive - Unable to edit the full paragraph

Unable to edit the full paragraph
May 13, 2014 9:20 pm by lizardman
Hi, In editing mode, for some paragraphs in our site, the system does not allow to edit the entire paragraph but only small parts of it. For example, the first paragraph on this page: http://pt.thevenusproject.com/sobre/rec ... 20economia The entire paragraph is this (in English): The term and meaning of a Resource Based Economy was originated by Jacque Fresco. It is a holistic socio-economic system in which all goods and services are available without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude. All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few. The premise upon which this system is based is that the Earth is abundant with plentiful resource; our practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival. If you check the page in edit mode, you can see that you are able to edit the text The term and meaning of a and Resource Based Economy. Nothing more from the paragraph can be edited. There are other places on the site like this. It seems like GTranslate is not able to parse the paragraph correctly. Can this be fixed? Thanks!
Re: Unable to edit the full paragraph
May 14, 2014 8:49 am by Edvard
We would suggest you to separate sentences with <span> tags in your original site to optimize the translation process. For example if you have a paragraph with long text and sentences like this: <p>sentence 1. sentence 2. sentence 3.</p> You can use this instead: <p><span>sentence 1.</span> <span>sentence 2.</span> <span>sentence 3.</span></p> It will make the quality of translation better and the process of editing easier. Let me know. Thanks!
May 14, 2014 5:43 pm by lizardman
Thank you for this tip! I think I understand it now. Whenever there is text enclosed in tags (a link, italics, bold, etc.), the system makes this text into a separate string. Obviously, this is needed since software can't tell what words from the translation should be enclosed in tags. It seems that the text after the enclosed in tags words gets left out. In our case, we have this sentence: The term and meaning of a <strong>Resource Based Economy</strong> was originated by Jacque Fresco. The software divides this into two strings: 1) The term and meaning of a; 2) Resource Based Economy. So the text after the strong tag gets left out. With the help of your tip, here is how I made it: <span>The term and meaning of a</span> <strong>Resource Based Economy</strong> <span>was originated by Jacque Fresco. (rest of paragraph)</span> This now creates three strings and all the text can be edited. :) Hopefully this information is useful to you. Apart from <strong> tags, I've noticed the same is happening for <em> and <a>.
May 14, 2014 5:51 pm by Edvard
Thank you!