Forum Archive - Gtranslate pro fails, since upgrading to latest joomla 2.5

Gtranslate pro fails, since upgrading to latest joomla 2.5
May 14, 2014 10:14 am by maniriazi
Gtranslated has been operating for some time now on this site http://www.judoforall.org Since the latest upgrade to joomla 2.5.20 it has stopped working and causes the whole site to collapse and show only blank page. I have switched off Gtranslate plugin to maintain presence. I have checked the .htaccess files and other things and have found everything in order - can't see what is causing this. Please help! Mike
Re: Gtranslate pro fails, since upgrading to latest joomla 2
May 14, 2014 11:22 am by Edvard
Hi, From which version you have upgraded your Joomla? Thank you!
May 14, 2014 7:46 pm by maniriazi
hi it was joomla 2.5.19 > 2.5.20 regards Mike
May 14, 2014 7:51 pm by Edvard
So, can you confirm that when you enable GTranslate plugin the site breaks? Or you need to select a language to see the blank screen?
May 15, 2014 10:30 am by maniriazi
Now with Gtranslate back on yes, the whole site gets a blank screen. Regrads Mike Here is a copy of relevant .htaccess --- ## Mod_rewrite in use. RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] # gtranslate config # RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] # RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f # RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2&glang=$1 [L,QSA] # RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&glang=$1 [L,QSA] # RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^judoforall\.org$ [NC] [OR] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.judoforall\.org$ RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.judoforall.org/$1 [R=301,L] ... ---
May 15, 2014 11:43 am by Edvard
Hi, You mentioned that you are using GTranslate plugin, so there is no need to add that rules in .htaccess file. Also, I can see that you don't have gtranslate folder in www root folder. Please check our docs and let me know if you have installed the plugin or general version previously: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation Please go to plugins list and find GTranslate system plugin and make sure to activate it. You should remove the .htaccess rules you have added. Thank you!
May 15, 2014 12:28 pm by maniriazi
Hi I have removed the items in .htaccess I have not installed Gtranslate general version. I installed the plugin and the module. I have done as you instruct. The sitemap and the robots txt files have also been checked with the online instructions. I have cleared the site cache, browser cache etc. After a few minutes the site was restored. But the site language is now French and it will not go back to English. the site seems very fragile and slow. Do I need to clear the Gtranslate cache? the site content has not changed. Regards Mike
May 15, 2014 12:53 pm by Edvard
No, do not clear the cache. Do you have Global cache enabled? Can you disable it for a moment?
May 15, 2014 1:00 pm by maniriazi
I don't use Joomla's own Cache - jotcache is being used here - I have cleared all cache and it seems to have cleared this. The odd thing with the extra rewrites is that his was working for several months and it only broke with the recent updates - the .htaccess was not changed. The site seems much slower now but working. I will try to clean up more. But ultimately we may need to upgrade to 3.3 and avoid some of the old redundant plugins that we used in early 2.5. Thanks for all your help. Please do check to see from your side everything is as it should be. Best regards Mike
May 15, 2014 1:06 pm by Edvard
Please make sure to reorder the system plugins, so that GTranslate is in the last position. I have checked and it is OK for me. The speed is also OK. It can be slow if it doesn't have some parts in the translation cache and it should to translate. Thanks!
May 15, 2014 1:13 pm by maniriazi
Excellent! Thank you for all your help! Gtranslate plugin is now in the last position. It seems Ok we'll monitor it closely for a bit to see if everything is now functioning. Thanks again! P.S. I will contact you separately by email (that Rana gave) for another set of sites that we are planning and need multilingual translation.
May 15, 2014 1:15 pm by Edvard
Good to hear that! Thanks!
May 15, 2014 5:51 pm by maniriazi
Thanks for all your help! Regards Mike