Forum Archive - Bad bad url translation

Bad bad url translation
Jun 16, 2014 3:13 pm by mangiamando
Hi, now i'm working wit spanish language on [url]es.mangiamando.com[/url] and there's too many urls that looses the "-" between the words in alias. It replace with space so url becomes with "%" flag and sometimes it move the "-" at the beginning or at the end of the urls. Some times the url was translated different than title page, please note that in original language was the same. I got similiar problem in german, and in other languages. The only way to solve is to check and manually edit each page one-by-one? Giovanni
Re: Bad bad url translation
Jun 16, 2014 3:16 pm by Edvard
Yes, or make a bulk replace request to us. If you do not like the translation quality of URLs and do not want to make corrections you can turn URL translation off. Thank you!
Jun 16, 2014 3:29 pm by mangiamando
Please, how do you exactly means with "bulk replace". As i wrote in at topic cocerning german language, the problem is only in urls. And with bulk replace you can solve and replace "%" but not solve the urls with "-" at the beginning or at the end. Edvard, this is not a question about "i like" or "i dont like", is a question about a WRONG translation!!!
Jun 16, 2014 3:37 pm by Edvard
The translation quality is controlled by Google, we cannot do anything about how it is being translated.
Jun 16, 2014 4:11 pm by mangiamando
Oh, so it's google that forget some "-" in url or move it as he want. But i pay you not google. And more: en.mangiamando.com with sitemap=264 url's indexed in less than a week ja.mangiamando.com = 9 urls indexed without sitemap. Tell me now if you want some issues to release a better service. If yes, i will continue to report problems to you, if no, i will bother you only for system problems, but today is a 2 star rating (raw translation, too many days to waiting for complete translations, wrong translation, no SEO, no indexing,.....) I bought your service only for SEO, today all browser have on fly translation, if your solution is SEO unfriendly what's the benefit? Regards Giovanni
Jun 16, 2014 4:17 pm by Edvard
Giovanni, I have a feeling that you do not understand what is SEO, how search engines are indexing your website and how we provide translations for your website. We clearly state that translations are being provided by Google and if the quality isn't good enough for you and you do not want to use the edit feature we are providing, then simply stop using our services. I cannot tell anything about the indexing process, since it is not under our control as well. Thank you!
Jun 17, 2014 9:25 am by mangiamando
I have a feeling that you do not understand what is SEO, how search engines are indexing your website and how we provide translations for your website. Oh, please, explain me. I told what i saw: no index. If a site is not indexed, it's hard to be found on web. In this month i got no visits (except mine for accelerate transaltion process, as you suggest). No visit. Why we are not indexed? This is the first issue, not translation quality. Translation quality is translate with the right and the better meaning of a word or phrases, but change "-" with blank, or placing "-" where it will not to be, is not quality: is a BUG!!! By the way, i bought this service and i will use, hoping that it will be better after weeks or months (??!!??). Giovanni
Jun 17, 2014 11:44 am by Edvard
You need to be patient to get everything indexed. As you can see you have different languages indexed and the number of indexed pages grow over time. We do not modify translations we get from Google. If Google mixes the places of - or replaces with space it is up to Google.