Forum Archive - GTRanslate Pro translation issue

GTRanslate Pro translation issue
Jun 18, 2014 10:17 am by [email protected]
Hi, Using GTranslate Pro on this site: http://www.sit-right.se/ It works fine but as the site is in Swedish I do not want the http://www.sit-right.se/sv url when clicking the Swedish flag, is it possible to change so that when you are on the site and go for English with the english flag and then returns to the original page which is swedish there should not be any /sv in the URL which means the site is showing correct spellings etc. and not any weird translations? Looking forward to your reply. Thanks Micke
Re: GTRanslate Pro translation issue
Jun 18, 2014 10:57 am by [email protected]
I have solved it temporarily by taking away the Swedish flag in the GTranslate module position. Then I added a Swedish flag as a own custom module with the flag as a linked image and the class="nturl" added to the a href tag. Still though this only redirects you to the index page of the Swedish site not going to the Swedish version of the article you happen to be in at the moment. So please if there is a less dirty solution to this I would be very happy. Regards Micke
Jun 18, 2014 1:55 pm by Yana
Dear Micke, Please check the GTranslate module settings and make sure that you set the default language correctly. It shouldn't add the language code for the default language.
Jun 18, 2014 2:06 pm by [email protected]
Dear Micke, Please check the GTranslate module settings and make sure that you set the default language correctly. It shouldn't add the language code for the default language. Dear Yana, The default language (Site Language) is set to Swedish in the Module manager settings. I don't know what other options there is... The plugin is not activated, should it be activated?
Jun 18, 2014 6:13 pm by Edvard
Dear Micke, Please check gtranslate/config.php file and make sure that the default language is set to sv (Swedish). In that case when you go to domain.com/sv it will redirect to domain.com Let me know. Thanks!