Forum Archive - G Translate Not Translating Large Sitemap.html File

G Translate Not Translating Large Sitemap.html File
Jun 19, 2014 2:23 pm by FerryTO
Hi We use G.Translate Pro on several of our domains and are very happy with the results we enjoy. We have however noticed that G.Translate Pro is not translating our sometimes large sitemap.html files but instead returns a completely blank screen. An example is http://www.railsaver.co.uk/es/reading/sitemap.html which file is just less than 0,6mb in size. I have even tried inserting the <span class="notranslate"> tag in these files as that should at least then still allow the URL's to be displayed for the search engines to follow but that too did nothing. These sitemaps are important for our sites to be indexed by the search engines so please could you advise a fix for this problem. Thank you Paul
Re: G Translate Not Translating Large Sitemap.html File
Jun 19, 2014 6:53 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you check your PHP log file to see the exact reason for a blank screen? Thanks!
Jun 19, 2014 7:47 pm by FerryTO
Hi I get an HTTP 500 server error which is strange as G.Translate works perfectly on every other page in that directory except http://www.railsaver.co.uk/es/reading/sitemap.html (the same issue with the large sitemap.html files applies to all our other directories as well). I have also tried using the sitemap.xml to get around this to no avail. I cant find any error log files in my php admin control panel and also would not know where to look. Paul
Jun 21, 2014 6:52 am by Edvard
Hi, How much PHP memory_limit is set on your server? Thanks!
Jun 21, 2014 11:05 am by FerryTO
Hi OK, fixed it by increasing memory limit for PHP on the server. Thank you. Paul
Jun 21, 2014 2:50 pm by Edvard
Good to hear that! Thanks!