Forum Archive - Languages won't change

Languages won't change
Jun 23, 2014 8:37 am by MarkLingard
Hi, I have installed the Pro version. Once the languages change, they won't change back. Even if I close the website and clear the history etc, it stays on the new language (which I think is Serbian?). I need the default language to be English, which in Joomla's settings it says it is. Is there another setting I need to change somewhere?
Re: Languages won't change
Jun 23, 2014 8:38 am by Edvard
Hi, What is your website address?
Jun 23, 2014 8:42 am by MarkLingard
Website is www.sirane.com. Thanks
Jun 23, 2014 8:52 am by Edvard
Hi, Do you have any redirect in .htaccess which redirects http://www.sirane.com/en/ to http://www.sirane.com/ ? Do you have any other language plugins enabled besides GTranslate? Thanks!
Jun 23, 2014 8:56 am by MarkLingard
Yes, we had some previous plug-ins for French, Spanish, German, Turkish and Italian. Do these need disabling or removing? Not sure on redirects
Jun 23, 2014 8:57 am by Edvard
Yes, please disable or remove.
Jun 23, 2014 9:01 am by MarkLingard
Okay, all other language plug-ins are disabled. What next?... thanks
Jun 23, 2014 9:04 am by Edvard
Can you post the contents of your .htaccess file?
Jun 23, 2014 9:12 am by MarkLingard
Hope it helps..... ## # @version $Id: htaccess.txt 21101 2011-04-07 15:47:33Z dextercowley $ # @package Joomla # @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2011 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved. # @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt ## ## # READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE! # # The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems # with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already # be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in # your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to # beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work, # it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here. ## ## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above. Options +FollowSymLinks ## Mod_rewrite in use. RewriteEngine On ########## Redirect non-www to www RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^(http:\/\/)?([a-z0-9\-]+\.)sirane\.com RewriteRule (.*) http://www.sirane.com/$1 [R=301,L] ########## end of non-www to www ## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits. # If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below # This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla! # # Block out any script trying to base64_encode data within the URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode[^(]*\([^)]*\) [OR] # Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (<|%3C)([^s]*s)+cript.*(>|%3E) [NC,OR] # Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR] # Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) # Return 403 Forbidden header and show the content of the root homepage RewriteRule .* index.php [F] # ## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits. ## Begin - Custom redirects # # If you need to redirect some pages, or set a canonical non-www to # www redirect (or vice versa), place that code here. Ensure those # redirects use the correct RewriteRule syntax and the [R=301,L] flags. # ## End - Custom redirects ## # Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL # is not directly related to physical file paths. # Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root). ## # RewriteBase / ## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section. # RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}] # # If the requested path and file is not /index.php and the request # has not already been internally rewritten to the index.php script RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php # and the request is for something within the component folder, # or for the site root, or for an extensionless URL, or the # requested URL ends with one of the listed extensions RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /component/|(/[^.]*|\.(php|html?|feed|pdf|vcf|raw))$ [NC] # and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical file RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f # and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical folder RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d # internally rewrite the request to the index.php script RewriteRule .* index.php [L] # ## End - Joomla! core SEF Section.
Jun 23, 2014 9:15 am by Edvard
It is OK. I think that you still have another plugin which makes a redirect. If you can send me admin backend access to my [email protected] I'll check it for you.
Jun 23, 2014 9:38 am by Edvard
Thanks! I have checked and can see that you have System - Language Filter enabled. It need to be disabled, so you can go back to original language. When I disable it some modules and articles do not get published, probably because you did not assign them to all languages. So, I would suggest you to assign all modules and articles to all languages and disable the mentioned plugin, so GTranslate can function correctly. Thanks!