Forum Archive - [Solved] Formatting is removed in translation

[Solved] Formatting is removed in translation
Apr 8, 2011 4:08 pm by Playalosarcos
Hi Edward, Just an observation and wondering if there is any fix for this issue. When using on the fly with jquery loading enabled all of the translated text displays perfectly translated but all of the formatting of my webpage is removed. The interesting thing is when i switch modes of translation to Google default and jquery not loaded then the translations appear just fine as before but all of the formatting is retained. The only thing i really dont like is how it shows all of the google elements on my page in this mode. Is there any fix or anything i can do to get the on the fly method to retain the formatting?? Any help is greatly appreciated!! I am using the free version still as I am still testing and just finishing the build of my website but i will be upgrading to the pro version to be able to edit the translations :D ... my website can be seen at Http://www.spaplayalosarcos.com Thanks!! Jeff
Re: Formatting is removed in translation
Apr 8, 2011 4:14 pm by Edvard
Hi, I've just tested couple of pages in different languages and it seems to be OK. Which browser do you use? What I need to do to see what you describe?
Apr 8, 2011 4:30 pm by Playalosarcos
I use IE 8 and Firefox 4 and in both for me it is removing the formatting.
Apr 8, 2011 4:31 pm by Playalosarcos
You do not need to do anything except select a different language and it will display the pages correctly in the selected language with the exception of a few words but it takes all of the text formatting.
Apr 8, 2011 4:37 pm by Edvard
Can you send a screenshot. I'm also using FF4 and no issues with the formatting.
Apr 8, 2011 4:48 pm by Playalosarcos
www.spaplayalosarcos.com/images/english.png www.spaplayalosarcos.com/images/spanish.png www.spaplayalosarcos.com/images/spanish in default mode.png here you can see the differences in how it looks in the different modes and this was taken with FF4. Thanks!!
Apr 8, 2011 5:00 pm by Edvard
Got you! You have <p>&nbsp;</p> for having an empty space. You can replace that by <br>. That will be fixed if you use the Pro version.
Apr 8, 2011 6:37 pm by Playalosarcos
Thanks for your help in finding this error for me!!! This has been fixed. It was an error in the Joomla Editor, When I used the enter key to make separation space in the text the editor inserted <p> elements instead of <br> elements!! I have fixed this error in my editor and now everything works perfectly!! Thanks Edward! :D