Forum Archive - Sitemap.xml, original site and transliteration

Sitemap.xml, original site and transliteration
Aug 3, 2014 8:28 pm by Simone
Hi everyone. I'm going to take your enterprise service for some company websites but I have some question to be answered: 1) The file sitemap.xml (or the renamed) are translated with your service? It's possibile for us to charge it to Google Webmaster Tools? We can upload via ftp some file in the translated subdomain to certify to google and bing that we are the owner of the website? We can register the website in google webmaster tools? 2) PHP website, there is some problem? 3) Translate Url from latin letters to greek or cirillic is done raw or with transliteration? If we modify URLs name the system keep the modify or every time we modify something we have to correct manually? 4) If we made changes in the original file, this changes are automatically done for all the languages? The sitemap.xml will be updated? All the websites will be uptadet in automatic way? 5) For some language proprierties the main websites on the root of the domain will not be the one translated in all the languages. Can the websites from which the translated version have origin be in a different directory of the main root of the domain? In our case the problem in the english version the main keywords is "Paint" but to obtain the correct translation we have to substitute the word "paint" with "varnish".
Re: Sitemap.xml, original site and transliteration
Aug 3, 2014 9:09 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please find my response below: 1) Your sitemap.xml file will not be translated, however you may provide additional sitemaps if you wish for translated websites. If you provide HTML sitemap it will be the best and you may also turn on URL translation feature, so all translated URLs will be also indexed. However providing a sitemap for language subdomains is optional and you will be fine with your default sitemap.xml. You may register your translated subdomains with webmaster tools, by using your Google analytics account or by adding a special meta key in your HTML. 2) No problems. Your website can be written in any programming language and there are no special requirements if you use Enterprise version. 3) It will use UTF-8 characters in the URL without transliteration, you may check http://gtranslate.ru for example. If you modify the original, then the translation will also be different and there may be a need to manually correct the translation again. 4) No need to worry about the changes. Every time we grab the latest version of the page and provide the translated version. If your sitemap is being generated dynamically, then no changes needed. 5) It can be configured that way, however it is preferred to host the original language on a specific subdomain instead of directory. Thanks!
Aug 4, 2014 1:59 pm by Simone
Dear Edvard, so we can made by ourseflf the sitemap.xml and upload it via FTP. In this domain/subdomain the use of the FTP is free or is locked by your program? If I add files (like sitemap.xml) there are cancelled or your system only change/delete the file it makes? Another question. We are a company and we need an invoice to justify the money transfer. Do you provide invoice? We need an invoice which report our VAT number. Thanks, Simone
Aug 4, 2014 5:12 pm by Edvard
Hi, You may upload the sitemap to your website, the subdomains are the mirror translations of your website. We can provide invoice after you make the purchase. Thanks!