Forum Archive - Change Template based on Language chosen?

Change Template based on Language chosen?
Aug 21, 2014 12:20 pm by jstobbe
Hi there, I'm creating a site that is both english, french, and german. Everything is great, except.... Is there a way to configure that joomla uses the "french" template when french is chosen, the "german" template when german is chosen, etc? The reason is - the client has specific branding that must show up (which I have embedded in the joomla template), and while english is used on the site 85% of the time, the french logos must show up when the site is in French. Any help on this?
Re: Change Template based on Language chosen?
Aug 21, 2014 4:42 pm by Edvard
Hi, Yes, it is possible. You will need to detect current selected language and depending on it change the template. You will need to do some programming. If you can specify details about your platform I can provide more details. Thank you!
Aug 21, 2014 5:00 pm by webi549
Hi, This subject is very interresting. Is it possible to have a tutorial for that ? Regards
Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm by Edvard
It is a platform specific feature which requires custom programming, we cannot provide a tutorial for this. Thank you!
Aug 23, 2014 12:36 pm by jstobbe
Edvard, Yes, I would like more information on how to do this. I am doing this in a joomla 2.5 installation. If you wish to post information on here, please do. But if you think it would be faster just doing the change on my joomla install, I would be happy to give you access to my install. Would you like my email address where we can exchange information?
Aug 23, 2014 3:06 pm by Edvard
Hi, You may use $lang variable defined below to change your template based on it: $session = JFactory::getSession(); $lang = $session->get('glang'); You will need to modify your joomla template to make changes on it depending on that variable. If you want we can do it for you for additional payment. You may send your requirements with back-end and FTP access to [email protected] email address. Thank you!
Aug 27, 2014 12:34 pm by jstobbe
Hello Edvard, I would like you to do this for me, but we are pressed for time, and I only have a 1 hour window in which to test this. Since I am in Toronto, and you are in Yerevan (a 11 hour time difference), it might be difficult to arrange. As such, I have taken a look and your instructions seem somewhat clear, but I cannot find which part of the template has this variable you mention. Is it in the XML file of the template? Since I will be using two templates (one for each language), I will have to make this change in each template, correct? If you really think it's too hard to explain, please tell me how much your costs might be for this? I have your email address, so I will just continue to email you there. If you wish to email me - I can be reached at [email protected] Thanks, Jason
Aug 28, 2014 3:44 am by Edvard
Hi, Just contact me via email and please send FTP and admin backend access, so I can evaluate. Thank you!
Sep 3, 2014 3:31 pm by jstobbe
Edvard, I sent an email outlining everything as you requested. If you didn't receive the email - please let me know? Jason
Sep 3, 2014 3:47 pm by Edvard
Thanks, I have received your email. I'll review it and get back to you soon. Thanks for your patience.