Forum Archive - How to format translated language?

How to format translated language?
Aug 23, 2014 2:47 pm by 5126
The editing of translated language works fine, but I want to reformat the type. Specifically: I want to add breaks, ordered list, bold letters, etc. How do I do that? I have tried html and it shows fine after saving, but when I exit editing url the translated language does not show any of the formatting I want... What do I do? Thanks.
Re: How to format translated language?
Aug 23, 2014 3:30 pm by Edvard
Hi, You will need to make all the HTML formatting in your original text. Thank you!
Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm by 5126
I do want to make the translated language's text slightly different in terms of formatting, due to natural differences in translation... Can't I make it different than the original?
Aug 23, 2014 4:02 pm by Edvard
Hi, You will need to use custom programming on your side to display a different text depending on a selected language with the formatting you want. If you can provide an example what you want exactly I can provide an example code for you. Thank you!
Aug 23, 2014 4:33 pm by 5126
Thanks Edvard... Let's make it simple for a test only... I would like the original language say: "this is a sample english version only...". The translated version I would like to be: this is a polish language version (with the ordered list) • Republika Czech • Słowacja • Bulgaria • Litwa • Ukraina
Aug 23, 2014 6:30 pm by Edvard
Can you give me a link to an your example? Thank you!
Aug 24, 2014 4:09 am by 5126
Here is the link to translated (polish) page: http://piasttravelinc.com/pl/other-serv ... -transfers The second paragraph has some sentences that I want to list as an ordered list.
Aug 25, 2014 1:39 pm by Edvard
OK, as I see it is inside Joomla article. Do you have Jumi component installed for your website?
Aug 25, 2014 9:15 pm by 5126
Yes, I have Jumi installed...
Aug 28, 2014 3:36 am by Edvard
OK, so to achieve what you want you need to create a new jumi application which will have the following contents. <?php $lang = JRequest::getVar('glang'); if(empty($lang)) echo '<span>Default text goes here</span>'; elseif($lang = 'pl') echo '<span class="notranslate">Translated text with HTML goes here</span>'; After this you need to edit the article and replace the text you want to format with this: {jumi *ID} where ID is the Jumi application ID you have created. Thank you!