Forum Archive - Error Nginx

Error Nginx
Aug 26, 2014 6:51 pm by foedies
Hi, I've installed the Enterprise version of Gtranslate on Foedies.com, but I'm getting a lot of errors when surfing to the different languages: An error occurred. Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details. Faithfully yours, nginx. Did I do something wrong in the install? Many thanks for your answer! Regards, Sander
Re: Error Nginx
Aug 26, 2014 11:39 pm by Yana
HI, I have just checked some languages and was able to see the translated version. You have configured it correctly.
Aug 27, 2014 5:21 am by foedies
Hi Yanna, Not always, but I still get the error occasionally. Try clicking through the the translated pages quickly. A couple more question, hope you don't mind. This is quite new for me. :) First question: Is there a reason why I get the error and how can I avoid this? It would be a shame to have people not be able to reach the translated pages, Especially when indexed by Google. Second question: Not all the URL's are translated. Does this take time or can I speed up the process? Third question: When you are on a deeper page and click on a different language, you get redirected to the same page but in a different language. A lot of times this results in a broken page, because of the translated URL's. How can I fix this? Fourth question: what if I change copy in the primary language? Do I have to 'purge' something or does this go automatically? Sorry for all the questions :). Hope you can help me out! Grtz, Sander
Aug 28, 2014 3:42 am by Edvard
Hi, Please find my response below: 1. If your website doesn't respond to the requests of our servers in a timely manner you may see that error. Make sure that you whitelist our IP address and make sure that your website responds in less than 5 seconds. You may use pingdom to check your website load/response times. 2. Yes, it takes time. To speed up the process you may create a sitemap page on your website with all the URLs and access it in different languages, so all your URLs can get discovered and translated. You may check our example: https://gtranslate.io/sitemap 3. You need to use the latest version of the language selector. Please let me know more details about your platform, so I can send a correct version for you. 4. It is done automatically. No action is needed on your side. Thank you!
Aug 28, 2014 9:35 am by foedies
Hi Edvard, Thanks for your reply. 1. I'll make sure I'll speed up the website. i have CDN running and try to optimize everything. Still, do you ave tips speeding up a Joomla website? 2. I'' try this. 3. I'm running Joomla 3.3.3 and Gtranslate module version: 3.0.x.32. Is this the latest version? 4. Ok super. A couple more questions, hope you don't mind. I'd like to have everything run as smoothly as possible. :) 5. Sometimes instead if the Nginx error, I get a white page. Why is this happening? 6. Sometimes a page looks completely translated, but some elements aren't. Will these eventually be translated or do I have to do this manually? 7. Can I still for example show different content to different countries. For instance affiliate feeds for specific countries? Thanks so much for helping me out. Regards, Sander
Aug 29, 2014 7:44 am by Edvard
Hi, Please find my response below: 1. You may use cloudflare. 3. I have sent the latest version to your email address. 5. It may happen for the same reason you get the nginx error. 6. Everything will be translated over time beginning from the most popular content. You may try to refresh a page a couple of times and it will be completely translated. If it is not, please write us, so we can investigate and find out a reason and solve it. 7. Sure. You may use $_SERVER['HTTP_X_GT_LANG'] variable in PHP to detect selected language and make modifications based on that variable. To detect the country you will need to use GeoIP solution. For example cloudflare provides free solution. Thanks!
Aug 30, 2014 9:02 am by foedies
Hi Edvar, For now I stopped using Gtranslate, because I was only getting error messages. One last question, if I would use the Pro version, would I also get the errors? Or won't I get them because the service would be running on my own server. Regards, Sander
Aug 30, 2014 4:37 pm by Edvard
Hi, It doesn't seem to be network issue, it is more like a performance issue and in that case it will be almost the same with Pro version. Thank you.