Forum Archive - Why use GTranslate with WordPress?

Why use GTranslate with WordPress?
Apr 9, 2011 9:29 pm by Nick
Hi Edvard and all, Please excuse my ignorance with this question: I am using WordPress for my blog and was easily able to paste in the Google Translate code (http://translate.google.com/translate_tools) into my site and it worked. No fancy coding was required. I just pasted the code into the WP widgets section and I was able to specify exactly where I wanted Google Translate to appear on my site. What I don't understand is the advantage of using GTranslate over the method that I used? In other words, why would a person want to use GTranslate in WordPress when the original Google Translate code works so well? Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Nick
Re: Why use GTranslate with WordPress?
Apr 11, 2011 4:04 pm by Edvard
GTranslate covers the default translation method provided by translate.google.com. But it also makes it possible to have a nice look with language flags. It also can connect with Google Analytics and provide you analytics data about your clients interacting with the module. It serves as a base for the Pro version, which enabled search engine indexing of your translated pages and manual translation editing.
Re: Why use GTranslate with WordPress?
Apr 11, 2011 9:23 pm by Nick
Thanks for the explanation. I will give it a try. Regards, Nick