Forum Archive - Translations not loading on one site

Translations not loading on one site
Oct 2, 2014 11:03 am by natastna2
Hello, I have quite a few sites running Gtranslate on my server and all of them currently work fine apart from kingchron.com which does not seem to be working at all. For instance if you try: http://www.kingchron.com/de/rolling-pap ... ess-papers It just seems to load indefinitely. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Anthony
Re: Translations not loading on one site
Oct 2, 2014 12:03 pm by Yana
Dear Anthony, In the GTranslate plugin settings there is an option to turn on the debug mode. Please enable it and use "Write translation log in a file" , so I can check the log file.
Oct 2, 2014 12:28 pm by natastna2
Hi Yana, I've done that now thanks.
Oct 2, 2014 1:52 pm by Yana
Hi, Are you using a shared hosting with a shared IP address? It seems google banned your IP address. If google banned your IP address, you should wait or you can ask your hosting provider to change an IP address. We can also offer you to upgrade your Pro license to Enterprise and avoid such possible issues, since Enterprise version will be hosted on our cloud network and will not have such problems.
Oct 2, 2014 2:43 pm by natastna2
Hello, Do you know how long Google bans last for or why I might have been banned? I'm on a dedicated server. The main problem is that kingchron.com is so very slow when attempting to use it in foreign languages. The other sites must also be banned but they load within 2 to 3 seconds and simply miss out content that can't be translated. Is there a way to stop kingchron.com from attempting to load for 20 seconds or more?
Oct 3, 2014 5:34 pm by Edvard
Hi, It really depends. If your translation cache doesn't work and it is not possible to cache translations it may happen. If every time you get loading time of 2-3 seconds it can be the reason. Every time it tries to get a translation from google which creates a huge amount of requests which can be the reason of your ban. So, please make sure that everything is OK with your translation cache. Thank you!
Oct 4, 2014 1:04 pm by natastna2
Hello, I have double checked that the translation cache is writeable 777 and they are so I do not think that is the problem. Do you know why a page like this will simply load forever: www.kingchron.com/de Is there a way for it to accept it cannot reach the google servers so that the site is still usable from what it has in cache?
Oct 7, 2014 11:27 am by Edvard
Hi, It will be helpful to turn on the debug for GTranslate and see what happens exactly and where it spends the most of the time. If you need help with it let me know. Thanks!
Oct 7, 2014 11:27 am by Edvard
Hi, It will be helpful to turn on the debug for GTranslate and see what happens exactly and where it spends the most of the time. If you need help with it let me know. Thanks!