Forum Archive - Jomsocial Ajax in newsfeed won't work

Jomsocial Ajax in newsfeed won't work
Sep 11, 2014 9:41 pm by foedies
Hi, I have Gtranslate Enterprise on foedies.com with the Jomsocial component. The newsfeed works with Ajax and is not working for some reason. You can't place a comment, like a message or load more messages.When looking at the page with the Javascript Console I get the following error: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < You can find the newsfeed here: http://en.foedies.com/community.html You can login with guest >> guest Hopefully you can help me out. Regards, Sander
Re: Jomsocial Ajax in newsfeed won't work
Sep 12, 2014 9:36 am by Edvard
Hi, The problem is related to the JavaScript variable: var jax_live_site = 'http://foedies.com/index.php'; should be var jax_live_site = '/index.php'; Thanks!
Oct 2, 2014 7:13 pm by foedies
Hi Edvard, I tried the following code: $returnLang = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_GT_LANG']; if (!$returnLang) $reqURI = $reqURI; else $reqURI = str_replace("www", $returnLang, $reqURI); $html = "<script type='text/javascript'> /*<![CDATA[*/ var jax_live_site = '$reqURI'; var jax_token_var='$tokenStr'; /*]]>*/ </script>"; The scrolling works, but posting updates doesn't. Also tried the 'index.php' you mentioned, but the same outcome. Any ideas? Regards. Sander
Oct 3, 2014 1:09 pm by foedies
Hi Edvard, I found out that it was Akismet that was causing the issue, because it's being called from a subdomain. Do you have experiece with this issue in combination with Gtranslate? Regards, Sander
Oct 3, 2014 5:18 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you please let me know what I need to do to see the issue? It seems to be changed from the initial post. Thank you!
Oct 8, 2014 7:46 am by foedies
Hi Edvard, It's a Akismet license issue. I'll need to fix this myself. Thanks for your response! Regards, Sander
Oct 8, 2014 11:57 am by Edvard
Thank you!