Forum Archive - Only saving part of translation

Only saving part of translation
Dec 9, 2014 12:09 pm by laurent
Hi, For some reason when I save translations on a page, only parts of them get saved. Looking at the error log I get the following: PHP Warning: json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument in /public_html/gtranslate/edit_translation.php on line 22 Line 22 gives the following: file_put_contents($file_name.'.human', json_encode($result)); } else { $result = new stdClass; $result->TranslateResult = $_POST['new']; file_put_contents($file_name.'.human', json_encode($result)); } I tried fixing html validation errors and even then it doesn't work correctly. Please help, Laurent.
Re: Only saving part of translation
Dec 9, 2014 12:38 pm by Edvard
Hi, It seems that you are trying to save a text which has invalid UTF-8 characters. Can you please write exactly what I need to do to experience the issue? Thanks!
Dec 9, 2014 1:19 pm by laurent
Hi Edvard, I'm not doing anything fancy, just trying to translate the word flow into "flux" in french, and while it does state it's saved, it doesn't save it. You can test it here: http://www.trainerswall.com/fr/about-us/ I managed to translate some of the sentences, but for example when I try translating the second sentence it doesn't save. If I reffresh the page, I get back the old version.
Dec 10, 2014 12:29 pm by Edvard
Hi, It seems that you have modified our script. When I save it saves the English version instead of French. Also, it is strange that it doesn't ask for login and password when I try to save translation. Please revert your changes and let me know. Thanks!
Dec 10, 2014 2:38 pm by laurent
Hi, Actually it's Yana who made the change because I couldn't save at all in the beginning. I will revert to the original file and will let you know how it goes.
Dec 11, 2014 11:14 am by laurent
Hi, So I put back the original file and while I can see the request for password, it still doesn't save my updates.
Dec 11, 2014 4:04 pm by Edvard
Please send FTP access to [email protected] and I'll check it for you.
Dec 12, 2014 12:09 pm by laurent
email sent. Thanks for your help.
Dec 13, 2014 9:33 am by Edvard
Hi, I have checked and can see that you have this PHP configuration which automatically tries to make some conversion on the input data: mbstring.http_input auto If you disable it it will work fine. Please consult your hosting provider for more info. Thanks!
Dec 15, 2014 9:03 am by laurent
I disabled it and it's working. thanks a lot!
Dec 15, 2014 11:32 am by Edvard
You are welcome.