Forum Archive - Weird problem - not full translation in homepage

Weird problem - not full translation in homepage
Dec 16, 2014 3:14 pm by gtaranti
We have bought GTranslate pro today, and it works well in our site http://www.simsirikis.gr We see that in our homepage http://www.simsirikis.gr the first paragraph is not translated at all, no matter which other language is selected from the header (EN, BG, IT, AR, TR, FR, ID, RU, DE). It remains in the default language which is Greek. The other paragraphs are translated. Can you help here? Why is this happening?
Re: Weird problem - not full translation in homepage
Dec 17, 2014 8:52 am by Yana
Hi, Can you separate long texts with many sentences by wrapping sentences with <span> tag? Ex. <span>sentence1</span> <span>sentence2</span>, etc...
Dec 17, 2014 12:23 pm by gtaranti
Will try that and get back with results.
Dec 17, 2014 12:38 pm by gtaranti
It's working now on the homepage after following your advice. Is it necessary for every long text, and why?
Dec 17, 2014 12:40 pm by Yana
Hi, I have just checked your website and noticed that the issue is fixed.
Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm by gtaranti
Yes it IS fixed. But, I'm asking will it always happen on longer than 2 sentences text? Do I have to use the <span> </span> trick to fix it?
Dec 17, 2014 1:07 pm by Yana
Hi, You can use at least some sort of formatting instead of writing long-long plain text without any html formatting inside. Now it tries to translate the whole text which is long enough and Google is not able to do that. If you can wrap every sentence with <span> tag the translation quality will increase.
Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm by gtaranti
Hi. I do not think its Google's fault. When we were using GTranslate Free with on-the-fly mode the first paragraph was translated correctly. It has to do with changing to the PRO version of GTranslate (which uses redirect mode) Please confirm.
Dec 17, 2014 2:46 pm by Yana
There is a conceptual difference between the free and pro versions. The On Fly doesn't reload your page and translates everything on the fly. The Redirect method will redirect you to google translate site where the translation will happen.
Dec 17, 2014 2:57 pm by gtaranti
So, the FREE version with on-the-fly had better results in this specific instance from the PRO version with the redirect mode? Arent both translated by Google Translate Engine? It isn't very clear to me.
Dec 17, 2014 8:16 pm by Yana
Hi, Both versions are translating website using google translator.
Dec 17, 2014 9:49 pm by gtaranti
OK, I give up! Either you do not understand what I'm asking, or you do not know the answer. I know that both (Free and Pro) versions of the Plugin uses Google Translate. So the results SHOULD be the same. And there are NOT ! Also, the addition of the <span> trick, for the PRO version of GTranslate, I think is not very easy for end-users as this have to be done in HTML mode of any CMS editor (Joomla, Wordpress, etc). Lastly, I have to say I expected better support from you.
Dec 18, 2014 4:51 pm by Edvard
Hi, I can see that your problem is fixed. The results can be different on long texts, because we separate long texts and translate part by part. Pro and free use diffenent algorithm to separate the long texts with no html separation. That is why the results can differ. We suggest to use HTML formatting, so the translation will be more natural and quality will be better in that case. Hope we have answered your questions. Thanks!