Forum Archive - Access to the translations database

Access to the translations database
Jan 15, 2015 6:01 pm by catanet
Hi, is there the possibility to access to the translations database? I have the problem that some buttons, that change their label by javascript code are not translatable, I mean the edit "pencil" doesn't appear. How can I translate them? I think this is possible only by translating them directly in the database that holds the translations for my site, right? Thanks
Re: Access to the translations database
Jan 16, 2015 7:10 am by Edvard
Hi, You will need to modify your javascript code to show the translated text instead. If you can provide an example of what exactly you want to translate I can be more specific. Thanks!
Jan 16, 2015 7:46 am by catanet
Hi Edvard, thanks for reply. Please be advised, that we cannot change the code because it is a purchased application and we have not the skills to make changes to it. Here you can see what is happening (please navigate through the booking pages): http://de.gardasee-booking.it/it/?task= ... 17-01-2015 Thanks
Jan 16, 2015 7:51 am by Edvard
Where should I look exactly?
Jan 16, 2015 8:06 am by catanet
Hi Edvard, please navigate through the booking wizard and you’ll find, that in much parts the pencil doesn’t appear. For example on step 2 all fields of the form Kundeninformation and Zahlungsinformationen, also on step 3 all the summary text in the center, or also the weiter button when you click after step 2 to go to step 3 the text „in elaborazione" is italian and should be translated, but there is no pencil. Thanks
Jan 16, 2015 8:31 am by Yana
Hi, You can create a dummy page with the same contents you want to translate on that page and edit it. As a result the booking pages will be changed too.
Jan 16, 2015 8:51 am by Edvard
Hi, When I navigate step by step I can see that javascript sends ajax requests to load the forms. You can check using the browser F12 debug console to see the request URL. You can copy that URL to your address bar and add the language_edit parameter to edit the form. For example: http://en.gardasee-booking.it/it/index. ... age_edit=1 Let me know. Thanks!
Jan 16, 2015 7:50 pm by catanet
Hi Edvard, thanks for both solutions, but the don't work. The above link doesn't allow to click on the pencil, so I can't open the translation popup. With a dummy page only some words are translated. Is there another way to fix my problem? Thanks
Jan 16, 2015 8:00 pm by Edvard
OK, I see. You can download the source code of the page, wrap it with <body></body> tag, save it as html file, upload it to your server and access it directly: http://domain.com/test.html?language_edit=1 The page is missing the body tag, that's why the popup to edit translations doesn't open. Thanks!