Forum Archive - Kunena Forum - Translate all posts in multiple languages

Kunena Forum - Translate all posts in multiple languages
Jan 28, 2015 10:52 pm by silverthread
I have a site that I wish to make as international as possible. Ideally, a user would be able to create a post in Kunena in their native language while viewing the Kunena forum, which GTranslate would have already translated to that language (category titles and descriptions, menu labels, etc), so that regardless of what language they post in, the next user will be able to translate all posts and category titles and descriptions to their native language. In effect, GTranslate would recognize the language being used on a per-post basis and translate it to whatever language the user has selected in the GTranslate module drop-down. Right now, it cannot do this. Also, I realize that this is asking A LOT. But this would also be incredibly valuable and I'd be willing to help pay for its development. I already use GTranslate for the rest of my site, with great satisfaction, so adding Kunena support to GTranslate would be preferential to adding yet another translation plugin. Any thoughts on how something like this might be accomplished? I really want my site to be one where people can communicate with ANYONE from ANYWHERE using only their native language. I know that Google Translate (translate.google.com) can detect the language being entered. Perhaps something similar could be done on a per-forum-post basis, so that all entries, regardless of their original language, could be read by anyone else? Thanks so much for giving this ambitious request your time and consideration. Sincerely, Matt
Re: Kunena Forum - Translate all posts in multiple languages
Jan 30, 2015 7:22 am by Edvard
Hi, We do have automatic detection of the content language in Enterprise version. However the quality of the translation is not good as it is with predefined language. We do support Kunena. Thanks!