Forum Archive - changing language 2 times gives a double prefix in the URL.

changing language 2 times gives a double prefix in the URL.
Jan 29, 2015 7:06 am by ricardo
I have installed Gtranslate pro. and the module for choosing the language. After choosing one language from the module it offers the translated page, so far no problem, but as soon as I choose another language it changes back to the first one: I also see " .... /de/en ... " in the URL see here http://dagboekvaneenhoerenloper.com/de/ ... al-van-eva
Re: changing language 2 times gives a double prefix in the U
Jan 29, 2015 9:46 am by Yana
Hi, I'm getting the following error "The web service to this account has been limited temporarily!" Please let me know as soon as the issue is fixed, so I can check your website.
Jan 29, 2015 6:52 pm by ricardo
Hi Yana, that has to do with my first problem. Since i have Gtranslate Pro my site uses way too much CPU (Allowed Quota: 300000 CPU seconds/mo Your Current Usage: 448922.56 CPU seconds/mo) in only half a month So they suspended the site until Febr. 1. I desperate need to know how I can lower the amount of cpu. I reduced to only 10 languages, many of the cache folders seem to be filled up (in every language folder is about 5000 files , 300 kb) My site has around 250 articles. and appx 300 visitors a day. Furthermore it seems that there is an enormous amount of cpu if I login to the site (backend or frontend) Can you tell me how to solve the cpu issue so I can fix that as soon as the site is back.
Jan 30, 2015 2:14 pm by Yana
Hi, Here are the steps that can help you to reduce the number of the files in the cache. 1. You can disable some unnecessary languages by redirecting to the homepage . Here is an example of .htaccess rule. RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^(af|ar|az)/(.*)$ /$2 [R=301,L] 2. If you have dynamic texts (dynamic date-times, counters etc.) in your pages try to wrap them with class="notranslate". Also, you can use GTranslate Enterprise service, which is a translation delivery network and it will keep the cache in our cloud TDN.