Forum Archive - Does GTranslate use "server side" resources

Does GTranslate use "server side" resources
Feb 9, 2015 3:18 pm by fastandfurious
I was considering using this plugin on my website, but had a quick question - - does the plugin use "servers side" resources to access Google's translation feature? In other words, if an user based in country "A" were to connect to my site in country "B" (with the server in another country "C", for instance), then the basic translation work would be done on the server in country "C", and not the user's country - am I correct? Just wondering as mine is a worldwide Internet based biz, and I want to make sure the feature works worldwide irrespective of whether or not Google is accessible in that country. I'd appreciate a quick confirmation on this. Thanks!!
Re: Does GTranslate use "server side" resources
Feb 9, 2015 6:58 pm by Edvard
Hi, If you use Enterprise version it will use our servers to make the translation and it will not matter where your server is located. If you use Pro version it will use your server to make the translation, so if Google is not available for that country it will not work. If you use free version it will use visitor computer to make the translation and if Google is not accessible for the visitor it will not work. Hope I have answered your question. Thanks!
Feb 10, 2015 5:13 am by fastandfurious
Hi, yes, you answered my question. Thanks a lot!
Feb 10, 2015 5:20 am by fastandfurious
Hi, Quick question again - I saw that the price for the PRO version is $105 (per https://gtranslate.io/#pricing) - - is this a "one time cost" (i.e. a lifetime price), and is upgrading from the free version which I'm currently using just a matter of overwriting the files with the pro version? Will all my current settings be saved? I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks, Rahul
Feb 10, 2015 1:01 pm by Yana
Dear Rahul, Yes, it is one time payment. If you upgrade to the Pro version you should use use free version also. It is responsible for the language selector. You can find the documentation here https://gtranslate.io/docs/
Feb 10, 2015 2:15 pm by fastandfurious
Hi, Do you mean that I should use the same "free" module even if I upgrade to the PRO version? In other words, all I'd need to do is install the plugin, set "operate with Pro version" to ON in the module settings, and that's it - - the translation would then be done on the server instead of the user's local computer? Please confirm. Thanks!
Feb 11, 2015 12:15 pm by Yana
Hi, Yes, you should use the free module with the GTranslate Pro plugin. You will need to install GTranslate pro version and enable "operate with Pro" option in the module settings . GTranslate Pro will translate your website and it will keep the translation cache on your server.