Forum Archive - free version like a charm, pro a nightmare

free version like a charm, pro a nightmare
Feb 16, 2015 8:55 am by fff
Sorry for a very desperate email :| free version worked like a charm now for the pro version... - no translation at all - damm slow ; I mean 30s to finnaly get an untranslated page, whatever I try, reinstall the extension or disable other extension or akeeba firewall (not to say: latest versions of all Joomla, scripts, servers ....) when I look into directories, nothing is written into /cache dirs. So maybe the write rights according to your FAQ after some investigation, my hosting provider, a big famous one, has some security feature that puts back to maximum 755 any folder rights ; So 777 is not allowed and according to Joomla themlself: [size=150:3c5mxhqm]"Don't use extensions that require 777 permissions!"[/size:3c5mxhqm] (source: https://docs.joomla.org/Verifying_permissions ) And I have several Joomla script that use/write cache, without needing 777. zero problem for them. --> So what is your script doing or needing special ? (and sorry to say, but to my knowledge of joomla, you are the only one to hide your source with ionloader ... so my trust to put 777 would be anyway very low) so what can I do ? what do you recommand ? Thanks, Fabrice (btw : impossible to search this forum, all words are taken out because not relevant enough, according to your search engine ; faster to search via Google on this site ; and no free / pro / enterprise subdir ... in fact, unusable)
Re: free version like a charm, pro a nightmare
Feb 16, 2015 11:17 am by Yana
Hi, Please try to set the permissions 775 o 755 . If you can send me access info I can check the settings.
Feb 16, 2015 10:44 pm by fff
755 is the max, as said in the email So what should I do or try ? Thanks, Fabrice No, I can't give you access for various reasons (do you give the sourcecode, although is is only one php file ?)
Feb 17, 2015 6:51 am by Yana
Hi, The gtranslate cache folder should be writable.If it is not writable, it won't be able to cache translations . Pro version has ionCube Encrypted code, so you cannot make any changes in the code.
Feb 17, 2015 4:58 pm by fff
sorry I do not see clear suggestion In your docs, it says 777 (although Joomla strong advise on NOT 777) an on your previous reply, you say 775 or 755 so what is really needed ? And again, a lot of plugings in Joomla write files without needing at all 777 so is it your script being executed as different user ? or installed the wrong way ? so ? F
Feb 17, 2015 8:48 pm by Edvard
Hi, No, we just need the cache folder to be writable, we have wrote a general documentation for all hostings, if you set it to 777 it will be writable for all users including www user on all hostings, that's why we are asking to make it 777. In many cases and many hostings it is enough to have 755 or 775. So if it works with 755, there is no need to do anything. You may learn more about folder permissions from wikipedia to understand what numbers mean exactly. Thanks!
Feb 21, 2015 10:15 pm by fff
Hi Edvard, ... and as you see from above, with 755 it does NOT work ... and thanks for advise on wikipedia on chmod ; it shows how you rate your customers level So now, after some more hours lost trying this plugin. Just to double check : 1 - Do you confirm it works without entering any Google API key ? 2 - is it normal that the provided license.dat in zip is empty & size=0 ? 3 - for latest Joomla, it is gtranslate complete folder, general version, that should be used (and no plugin upload via Joomla interface) ... exact ? 4 - anything special do to if akeeba admin Tools (firewall & security) is installed ? FYI : for 1 & 3 as you say differently in some forum answer, some docs & in the .txt included -it's confusing- thanks for answers, F
Feb 23, 2015 1:40 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. Yes, I confirm that GTranslate works without Google API key. 2. Yes, it is normal. The license.dat file in the package should be empty. The size of the license.dat will change after connecting to our server. 3. We are sending GTranslate for all versions: plg_gtranslate.zip is the GTranslate system plugin for Joomla 1.5.x versions plg_gtranslate-1.7.zip is the GTranslate system plugin for Joomla 1.6.x , 1.7.x and higher versions gtranslate folder is a general version for all platforms including Joomla For the latest Joomla versions you need to use plg_gtranslate-1.7.zip or general version. 4. There are no any known issues with akeeba admin Tools but If you have a problem let us know and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
Feb 23, 2015 2:39 pm by fff
thanks Yana, it makes things more clear and rules out several things I have tried desperately hours long. ... I sent you this morning via PM my site login détails Please have a look and, most important, tell me by email what you did to make it work (if managed) Thanks, Fabrice
Feb 27, 2015 5:02 pm by fff
so per your email response -in my logs you "found a 503 response from my server" --> very logic ! as said in my email the Joomla site was in "offline" mode ; and you had all the admin access codes so as ftp to put it online ; --> my IP "is banned by Google" as you said ... possibly ... but because of YOUR script ... this site was a test site, never communicated, never indexed, never used, competely zero traffic (...) so either your script behave hard with Google requests, OR (maybe AND) it does not respect Google free policy anymore. This is why I ask you question above on that aspect. In free version, hidding Google credit is for sure somehow not respecting their condition ; in pro version likely similar attitude, thus their bannishmain from the queries of your PRO script So Story is over now. I am very sad, as indeed I expected many, and cost of this extension was high for me (for 1 PHP cripted script - only one & impossible to maintain by me if anything change ; so very high cost in total) So as 2 days ago, I ask you for REIMBURSMENT as per your 30 days policy ; no unswer from you -2 days- Please keep your agreement; BR, F
Mar 2, 2015 2:48 pm by Yana
Hi, Sorry for my late response I was out for a weekend. Google can block your IP address if your website is hosted on a shared server with shared IP address and one of the websites hosted on the same server is sending many page rank or other requests. Or if you have cleared gtranslate/cache folder or decreased the cache time manually, which led to higher translation traffic. If you do not want to upgrade to the Enterprise version we will make the refund.
Mar 3, 2015 7:44 am by fff
Lost more than 3 weeks now ; in that time I would have programmed my DOM parser myself ; we are talking about only one script after all The fact that your 1 php script is encoded + is calling home to get its license, make it very difficult to debug or to test on other IP ; in fact it's this business approach that makes the hassle. And I am not a big fan of Entreprise version: - redirect NS to your server, sharing the same IP¨with all your customers with we-don't-know-what content & different location than original site ; this is 'perfect' to have SEF site downgraded - outsource just to have es.mysite.com redirected instead of mysite.com/es ... it looks very artificial. Thant could easily have been done in pro version instead of pushing to $$$ Enterprise version -->REFUND please Thanks,, F