Forum Archive - Problem with special characters

Problem with special characters
Mar 7, 2015 11:55 pm by fkt
There seems to be a problem with the handling of special chars. I'm using joomla version 3.4.0 but I don't know if it just started or if the problem did already exist under the previous version. The issue is, that a space is inserted in the escape code, so "&xxx;" will become "& xxx;" and therefore will not translate. When looking at the original article or site code, the escape code looks fine. Right now the translation is more or less useless due to this issue. Do you have any idea what could cause this?
Re: Problem with special characters
Mar 9, 2015 1:37 pm by Yana
Hi, Please check the source code of your template. Also please post your website address, so I can investigate the issue.
Mar 9, 2015 10:23 pm by Waldo
Hi Gtranslate, I have the same problem. Site : jomres.camping-azur-rivage.com 2 languages are used, Fr is OK (Default language) But in English (translation) a lot off characters are shown. Here you have an exemple : Original langue (FR): link: http://jomres.camping-azur-rivage.com/s ... el-antheor " Fréjus à 3 km - Cannes à 30 km - aéroport de NICE A 60 km - Saint-Tropez à 35 km " Gtranslate translation (EN): link: http://jomres.camping-azur-rivage.com/e ... el-antheor & Quot; Fr & eacute; & agrave juice; 3 km & nbsp; - & nbsp; & agrave Cannes; 30 km & nbsp; - & nbsp; a & eacute; airport 60 km from NICE - & nbsp; Saint-Tropez & agrave; 35 km & quot; Is this problem connected to the fact that Gtranslate is installed in a sub-domain? Cheers & thanks, Oswaldo
Mar 10, 2015 3:23 pm by Yana
Hi, You will need to manually make corrections, since it is how Google translates your text .
Mar 10, 2015 5:08 pm by Waldo
Hi Yana, No I am not sure with the Free version the translations are OK But with the PRO version the translations are different. Please help... Oswaldo
Mar 10, 2015 6:07 pm by Magellan
I got the same problems and that's really strange... I think we can find something to fix that. I didn't have wanted to wait so I edited manually the translation myself
Mar 13, 2015 12:21 pm by Yana
Hi, You are using &XXX; encoded characters in your original which Google translated incorrectly. You need to fix them manually by replacing for example   with space, &quote; with ", etc... in your articles or you need to manually make corrections to the translations. This characters probably came from the text/html editor you are using.