Forum Archive - What is the source of this warning?

What is the source of this warning?
Mar 11, 2015 4:31 am by innerself
PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/polycon/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 246 I have read all the entries on the forum regarding this warning and I do have display errors turned off. I am trying to move to a new server that is faster. I am trying out 2 machines. The only software difference is one is a cpanel trial and the other is not and both are same version. Both machines are running php 5.5 and the set up is the same but the new faster machine is throwing this warning to the error log and the other slower machine is not. I believe the warning is causing the the load to rise to 100+ on the faster machine The other machine that is not writing the warning remains in the normal range of 2-6. My site and setup also not issuing this warning on my still older slower machine running 5.3 and same php settings. This faster machine with 4 core/ 8 threads and with a benchmark of 9100, ssds for drives and 64 gig ram should run gtranslate for my site with ease. The only difference in this faster machine and the slower machine is the warning being written to file at a furious rate. I believe I need to get rid of this warning. What is the reason for the warning and how do I fix it. It is not enough in my case to just turn off display errors. regards,
Re: What is the source of this warning?
Mar 11, 2015 11:14 am by Yana
Hi, This is a simple PHP Warning and is very common in PHP 5.5. There's nothing to worry about. Just disable display_errors.
Mar 11, 2015 12:06 pm by innerself
see next post
Mar 11, 2015 1:13 pm by innerself
I was able to get rid of this warning by adjusting the error reporting in the php.ini. Here's what I used. E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED However it is not the only reason for the server load problems. I think I was being fooled by the fact that gtranslate was only seldom working and placing minimal load on the server. Now that every search engine in the known universe is pulling down pages there is no way to really restrict the number of languages ( they even make up some like zh vs zh-CN or zh-TW and others???) without rewriting the .htaccess directive. That puts the total pages on my site over 300,000 pages. 5,000 real x 60+ languages. I still need help on these two questions. Does any of the cache get deleted as pages change or does it just keep adding files as the dynamic parts of the page content change? The gtranslate folder on one of my sites is fixing to exceed 30 gig. I am trying to decide if one has to start over to delete expired cache. Also as google continues to improve the quality of their translations, are pages translated 2,3,5 years ago ever updated? It is still a mystery why this program worked for years and then quit and didn't translate a word and then after a year or so and out of the blue it started translating again. During this hiatus was it overwriting the different languages with English? regards.