Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro stops translating after few pages

GTranslate Pro stops translating after few pages
Apr 23, 2011 8:43 pm by jrtaylor
I'd like to say that I'm quite happy with GTranslate. I tried the free version, got it working well, then purchsased GTranslate Pro. To my delight (and after following instructions exactly) saw that it was translating pages as I checked one flag then another. The translations did take a while to process. But I am assuming that once translated, they go into the cache and this will speed up user experience. What I discovered however is that after a few translations, my site would not translate any more. I remember when I received my google API that it is limited to 100,000 characters a (day?) I did notice that if I waited 15 minutes, I could get more pages translated, but only a few. I'd like to cache all my pages so that users don't have to wait (they may think the site is broken). If I have to do this slowly, it would be great to have a macro or some server-side process to do the work automatically. This is my site: http://www.ascentfx.com Any advice? Thanks!
Re: GTranslate Pro stops translating after few pages
Apr 23, 2011 9:15 pm by Edvard
Most likely that you have reached the daily limit. If you want you can reconfigure the free version to not work with the Pro, so users will still use the free version, but the search engine crawlers will do their job and over time your translation cache will grow. Then probably after a week when you notice that the API key usage drops from 100% in the https://code.google.com/apis/console/ you can enable the Pro feature back. You can also disable some languages you are not interested in to save the translation traffic.
Apr 23, 2011 9:54 pm by jrtaylor
Edvard, thank you. I'll switch back and let the crawlers do the work.
Jun 24, 2011 7:15 am by nikspino
Hi Edvard, your module is wonderful, my visits are increased, but version pro which i have purchased doesnt work! free version work properly traslating all pages, other hand i tried to follow your suggest to let work free traslator to get traslated all pages to change configuration after but cache is not increased and page stay in the italian site original language. Just home page is traslated (and not entire, new articles are not translated), and if i click on a article is still in italian. In add, Google Api says that 100% available (?) I need to traslate all site in several languages starting from english, as free version do properly, then use google api for the weekly maintenance translation for the new article. Can you help me? do you provide paied assistance direct on the site to configure all correctly? Please help me! Nicola
Jun 28, 2011 9:50 am by Edvard
Hi, Can you check your cache folder, do you see files inside the folders with the language code?
Jun 28, 2011 2:32 pm by Stützer
Hey, I have the same problem. After few page (3-4) stops the translate... I will all Language´s translate, before google index (DC) cache folder is ok.
Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am by Stützer
please find this problem...I had paid for the Pro version and can not use it....that is not ok. Per day 4 page... :( :( :( http://www.stone-doors.com please help, test it on your page.
Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am by Edvard
Did you already check your API key usage as suggested?
Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am by Stützer
The Api code, i have put in the config with copy and paste.