Forum Archive - Changes to Google's Limits on Translations with Pro

Changes to Google's Limits on Translations with Pro
Apr 28, 2015 5:32 pm by natastna2
Hello Yana / Edvard. I have many different Pro and Enterprise licenses for different domains. Occasionally we have previously had a problem with Google blocking our IP for a few days but we simply wait it out for a day or 2 and it comes back again. Recently this does not appear to be the case. Another user writes: """" Already figured out what the problem is. They explained, since 01.04.2015 the google failed to provide the service that GTranslate Pro use for free. The IPs were not banned. Simply an IP reach the free limit, google fails to provide translations to that IP. Moving to an IP that has never used translations, google provides translations free again until the stipulated limit. From then fails to provide translations to that IP. """ Please can you let me know if this is true to your knowledge? Do you know if this limitation is per month or all-time? Do you know what this limitation is in terms of characters or do you have a link to anywhere this is mentioned? We have recently had quite a lot of different translators manually translate large chunks of our website which are now saved as .human files. If we were to necessarily switch to the Enterprise version is there any way of keeping these translations? Thank you for your time. Any further information you may have on this new Google change would be very helpful. Regards, Anthony
Re: Changes to Google's Limits on Translations with Pro
Apr 29, 2015 1:17 pm by natastna2
Hello, I'm very sorry to bother you but I was hoping you might be able to respond even if you are not yet in possession of all the info I've requested. It's just I'm rather worried as we haven't received any new translations since the 7th of April and the speed issues will be causing us to drop down Google's search rankings which in turn could cost us rather a large amount of money. Thank you for your time.
Apr 29, 2015 2:33 pm by Yana
Dear Anthony, Yes, there is a problem with the google. They are blocking IP addresses. If you have a problem we can offer you to upgrade to the enterprise version for one year for free. Please let us know if you want to upgrade the license.
Apr 29, 2015 4:12 pm by natastna2
Thank you for the response Yana. That is very helpful. If it is OK with you I will keep your offer active while I consider what to do. Currently I have signed up for Google Translate billing but will need to monitor the costs over a week or 2. The only other thing I could do with knowing is whether our current .human translation files could be used on the Enterprise version? Thank you for your time. Regards, Anthony
Apr 29, 2015 8:10 pm by Yana
Dear Anthony, Yes, you can send .human files for each language and we will upload them to our server. Please let me know your domain name and we will upgrade the license.
Apr 29, 2015 8:57 pm by leonidusa
natastna2, My story. I had exactly the same problem with Pro. Google is no longer providing free API translate service. For now Google is offering $300 for trial for APi. So i took that path, got my API id, put it in and Pro version worked just fine...for a week until all money were gone. $20 for 1,000,000 characters going fast. For $300 i could not get entire site translated. Yana was very helpful by switching me over to Ent. version. Setup went flowless and with 10Gb of translation traffic per month for $20/m the choice should be obvious. On top of that you SHOULD keep your pages in search engines. All you have to do is set up 301R permanent redirect rule for each page. All that is done with just 1 line in .htaccess file. Just follow the general instructions. My site isn't using all available languages, so i modified it : (original:) RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ http://$1.domain.com/$2 [R=301,L,QSA] (modified:) RewriteRule ^(ar|bg|cs|da|de|el|en|es|et|fi|fr|hi|hr|hu|id|it|iw|ja|ko|lt|lv|ms|nl|no|pl|pt|ro|ru|sk|sl|sr|sv|th|tr|uk|vi|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ http://$1.domain.com/$2 [R=301,L,QSA] change domain.com to yours! basically what this rule does is when user visits your site at http://domain.com/fr it will be redirected (and my not even notice) to http://fr.domain.com So will the search engines do and you will keep your pages and they will be changed in search engines over time. I hope this will help many confused Pro users. With all the pain i had with Pro i can say Ent is just so much better. Thanks again Yana for quick support!
Apr 30, 2015 8:30 pm by Yana
Dear Leonidusa, Thank you for your post! I'm glad i could help.
May 1, 2015 3:42 pm by SBMED_Web
Yana, I noticed that you don't have the Pro version for sale on your site any more. Are you no longer offering it ? Can SBU also get upgraded to the Enterprise version for free (for one year)? We are also being blocked by Google. -Jim
May 4, 2015 7:03 am by Yana
Dear SBMED_Web , Yes, you can upgrade your license. Please send me your website address.