Forum Archive - <Solved>Joomla 2.5 no way to display flags

<Solved>Joomla 2.5 no way to display flags
Apr 2, 2014 4:01 pm by Repitol
Hi, I can't display flags with my J!2,5 version I installed free module to display flags on every pages, then activated Gtranslate pro plugin module is enabled (operate with pro selected) and position set up I can display the position, but flags stay unvisible. What can I do now ? (plugin works, when I use for example /es at the end of my web adress) Thanks
Re: Joomla 2.5 no way to display flags
Apr 2, 2014 6:47 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please post your website address and make sure that the flags are enabled, so I can check it for you. Thanks!
Apr 8, 2014 7:28 am by Repitol
Hi, here is the adress www.camping-le-bosquet.com Thanks
Apr 8, 2014 9:39 am by Edvard
Thank you! Please enable the module, so I can investigate and provide a solution.
Apr 8, 2014 12:28 pm by Repitol
The module is already enabled
Apr 8, 2014 12:30 pm by Edvard
I cannot see it enabled on your website. Are you sure that you have it published for all pages and inside a visible position? Please let me know.
Apr 10, 2014 8:52 am by Repitol
Hi, Absolutely ! module is active on all pages on a visible position I tested the position by adding a red border with css to be sure it can be displayed I deleted the border but I immediately reactive it (dashed this time, color blue) you can see it at the top under the phone number I can send screenshot of the module page if you want to test or send you admin access (PM) Just tell me Thanks
Apr 10, 2014 11:31 am by Yana
Hi, Just have checked the source code of your website. There is no GTranslate module code in the source. Please go to Gtranslate module settings page and check The Menu Assignment section. Please select "On All Pages" option.http://gtranslate.net/images/stories/menuasign.jpg
Apr 10, 2014 11:47 am by Repitol
That's already the case my friend ! tell me how to give you admin access, you'll be able to see it. I've most of that verified the database to check if the module is well enabled. It is. Yana, I just sent you an email with screenshots and admin access. Hope you can have a moment to have a glance on my problem.
Apr 11, 2014 6:49 am by Yana
Hi, Have just checked and noticed that there is no "drapeaux" position on your website. I have set position-1 .
Apr 11, 2014 7:21 am by Repitol
Hi, thank you Yana ! I don't really understand where was my position problem. The drapeaux position exists in index.php, css, xml. As seen on many post on how to create position. It is the way I use for many custom content without difficulty. I can see the position adding dashed border line in css. Well, your solution is better and I really appreciate your help. Thanks again. Regards
Apr 11, 2014 7:54 am by Yana
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help.
Re: <Solved>Joomla 2.5 no way to display flags
Apr 28, 2015 12:34 pm by Repitol
Hello, I do reopen this post because I need to upgrade the website from current Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3 to do so, I copied the entire website and database on local. But now Gtranslate doesn't display anything (no flags) I tried to open Gtranslate plugin in Joomla admin but I have this error : Folder gtranslate.xml not found. thanks for help
Apr 29, 2015 12:40 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to reinstall the plugin .
May 20, 2015 7:11 am by Repitol
Hello Yana should I download a new plugin available for Joomla3 or is the gtranslate_v3.141592 plugin is ok ?
May 20, 2015 8:00 am by Yana
Hi, You should use v3.141592 .
May 20, 2015 8:04 am by Repitol
Okay Ioncube needed on my new J3 website but not installed so installation crashed the website and I don't know what to do now. Could you help if I give FTP access ? I think Ioncube can be loaded ftp mode, but I don't succeed when I try. :(
May 20, 2015 8:07 am by Yana
Hi, You can connect to your server by ftp and to rename gtranslate folder.Then you can disable the plugin and install php ionCube loader. If you want you can send access info.
May 20, 2015 8:51 am by Repitol
Fine, I renamed gtranslate folder into gtranslate-bak and plugin/system/gtranslate-bak I'd like not to loose my previous config if possible (flags, countries details) the website is actually on other DNS (current production website is Joomla 2.5 version) this ftp access is for the website in Joomla3 version which pages can be accessed only with sudo nano /private/etc/hosts command I don't think you need to display the website to load Ioncube with ftp mode.
May 20, 2015 11:26 am by Yana
Hi, Please do not post username/password here. You can send it by PM.
May 20, 2015 11:45 am by Repitol
Oups sorry, you're right. Do I have to send it again (PM mode) ? :?
May 20, 2015 12:03 pm by Yana
No, there is no need for that. I can see you renamed gtranslate folder and you should be able to access your website.