Forum Archive - Enterprise GTranslate no longer works - An error occurred is

Enterprise GTranslate no longer works - An error occurred is
Jul 1, 2015 1:04 pm by tpolimine
Hi, when someone attempts to display our site with a different language the browser returns the following after a redirect (see below). All our DNS is properly in place and this used to work great. An error occurred. Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details. Faithfully yours, nginx. In WordPress 4.2.2 Apache/PHP error logs we see this error: PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for GTranslate::widget() in /nas/wp/www/cluster-41578/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 72 In the gtranslate.php file this is line 72: line 72: function widget($args, $instance) { line 73: $data = get_option('GTranslate'); line 74: GTranslate::load_defaults($data); We contacted WPEngine our website hosting company and asked them to whitelist the IP address 94.23.220.123 and they said they did but things are still not working, Is there any way we cant test that 94.23.220.123 is truely not being blocked ? What else can i do or try ? We have been down probably for weeks if not months not knowing this was not working properly and need assistance resolving this ASAP as we do a lot of international business. thanks Tom....
Re: Enterprise GTranslate no longer works - An error occurre
Jul 1, 2015 3:28 pm by Yana
Dear Tom, Please post your website address, so we can check and understand what the problem is.
Jul 1, 2015 4:53 pm by tpolimine
http://www.alpinedoors.com
Jul 1, 2015 7:31 pm by tpolimine
I spoke to support at WPEngine again and they don't see any requests coming from your servers 94.23.220.123, if you are sending requests back to query the site, does your logs indicate which IP address you are trying to communicate to ?
Jul 2, 2015 12:13 pm by Yana
Hi, We cannot send any request as they are blocking our server IP address. Please ask to unblock /whitelist/ 94.23.220.123 IP address.
Jul 2, 2015 1:45 pm by tpolimine
what what IP address are you trying to ping that you are saying is blocking your requests. I think they only whitelisted port 80 for 94.23.220.123, are there other ports that need to be allowed ? also can you share with me a screenshot or something i can show the hosting support team that you cannot communicate back to their systems ? thanks Tom...
Jul 2, 2015 2:14 pm by tpolimine
as suspected the provider claimed the ip was whitelisted but port 80 was still blocked somehow. Thanks again for your time and support. This is now working again !!
Jul 2, 2015 2:16 pm by Yana
You are welcome!
Jan 5, 2016 10:19 pm by roberto
Just an FYI... I was having a similar issue. The plugin was working fine for a while but then the firewall at WPengine blacklisted the IP. After a support chat with WPengine, they were able to white list the IP on their end and the problem went away.
Jan 6, 2016 2:27 am by Edvard
Thanks for sharing your experience!