Forum Archive - GTranslate Not Working

GTranslate Not Working
Jul 9, 2015 3:43 pm by james
I am having a real problem getting gtranslate to work and I am so frustrated with it that I am about to review it and rate it down. The installation makes no sense, and I am unable to email anyone regarding my issue. I bought the $19.5/month version and got 2 emails, none of the emails had any attachments I setup the DNS and downloaded the free version for Joomla. I have installed the module and published it, but the website seems to brake the design and change everything, this is meant to be a simple translate why is it braking the design. I thought to myself maybe its the Joomla cache but I have no cache activated. I looked at your website and I keep seeing this: Gtranslate Pro Installation Download the latest version of the GTranslate package gtranslate_yourdomain.com.zip which was sent by e-mail and unzip it locally. Connecting to your hosting server using an FTP client. Upload gtranslate folder to your www root (public_html or httpdocs) directory. If you are using FTP set transfer type to BINARY it's IMPORTANT! Check The System Requirements Please check the system requirements before installing the plugin. To see the PHP information upload info.php to the /gtranslate directory and access it by http://domain.com/gtranslate/info.php But I never got any attachment like gtranslate_yourdomain.com.zip and I would like to show you how my website looks like but I am not interested in sharing it publicly in a forum so please contact me by email or let me know who to contact.
Re: GTranslate Not Working
Jul 9, 2015 6:55 pm by Edvard
Hi, You bought Enterprise version and you need to follow the instructions in the email you got. Thanks!
Jul 10, 2015 12:38 pm by james
I followed the instructions to the letter. Also in your email it says if you want us to configure it for you please use the contact form on our website. Where is this contact form? All I want to do is get translation on my website. This is what my website should look like: http://urlgone.com/5453be/ and this is what it looks like when I translate it using gtranslate: http://urlgone.com/ec3bc9/ Note: some modules stopped working, page width seems to go all the way to the left and if you view site in responsive mode its completely broken and cant be used. Why does it do that, I have tested standard google translate on the website and it did not brake, I would have just used that but no way for me to edit the translation which is the whole reason for using your extension. Please advice, thank you.
Jul 10, 2015 12:40 pm by james
please note i used a url shorten service to mask the website urls, so might have to wait 5 sec before you can click to view website.
Jul 10, 2015 8:55 pm by Edvard
Hi, When I check Arabic I can see it is translated. I can see an issue with the top slider which is because the slider is not configured to work with RTL languages like Arabic, most likely it will be OK with LTR languages like Spanish. To fix it you will need to replace <div class="rt-block box1 title2"> with <div class="rt-block box1 title2" dir="ltr"> in the source code or contact the slider developer and ask to fix it for you for RTL language case. The contact us form is on our home page. Thanks!
Jul 12, 2015 9:03 pm by james
Thank you for that information, I should be able to fix this now I know what the issue is. Quick questions do you have a list of html tags and how they can be used? for example if I want a section not to translate is there a way to wrap it with a html tag or class? thank you.
Jul 12, 2015 9:07 pm by Yana
Dear James, You can use class="notranslate" to any tag which you do not want to be translated.
Jul 14, 2015 4:51 pm by james
Thank you for this, it is great help. I have now got it all working and will be giving a positive review. One last question: if I have 2 versions of the site example: ar.domainname.com and domainname.com and on domainname.com i made a custom url that takes you to ar.domainname.com how can I create another url on ar.domainname.com to switch the website back to domainname.com with out the ar. because it seems once you enter ar.domainname.com all links change to arabic version and no way to switch it back to english.
Jul 15, 2015 3:19 pm by Yana
Hi, You should use gtranslate language selector to be able to switch between the languages. You can download it from our website https://gtranslate.io/#pricing/