Forum Archive - GTranslate - MultiTrans Conflict

GTranslate - MultiTrans Conflict
Dec 10, 2010 5:18 am by [email protected]
Today I installed the MultiTrans Google translator for Joomla and then realized I didn't want it. I then installed your much better GTranslate but now GTranslate is functioning like MutliTrans. Also, some of the GTranslate features are not working, like flags, vertical display, etc. When I turn off languages and refresh the page, that works. Also,the Google top of the page popup continues to happen and the "Powered by Google Translate" continues to show ~ a feature from the MultiTrans module. I think there is some sort of database issue/conflict. I've uninstalled both and reinstalled GTranslate but it keeps happening. Any ideas? Here's where it's happening. [url] http://magerempowerment.com/joomla[/url]
Re: GTranslate - MultiTrans Conflict
Dec 10, 2010 8:42 am by Edvard
Probably you are using Google Default translation method. Please read translation method option description in GTranslate module options list.
Dec 10, 2010 5:07 pm by [email protected]
Yes, I did have the default method selected and it was causing those issues. Thank you. However, the translation will only work in this default method. When I choose On Fly and select a new language, it does nothing. I've tried turning on and off jQuery. Am I correct in assuming something else within my website is already using jQuery and therefore this isn't working? Thank you for the quick reply Edvard. You do excellent work! Jay
Dec 10, 2010 5:12 pm by Edvard
Read this post, it might help: gtranslate/gtranslate-does-not-work-with-fly-t35.html
Dec 10, 2010 5:22 pm by [email protected]
Thanks again Edvard. I checked (one by one) all my plugins and sure enough, the conflict was with RokGzipper. Now it's working perfectly. Thanks again.
Dec 10, 2010 10:16 pm by [email protected]
Sorry in advance for replying off topic but I just wanted to say quickly that I have installed your Joomla Admin Forever and I love it. Also, I've been clicking your advertisements to help out. I'll be sure to make a donation soon! We Joomla webmasters appreciate your contributions. Jay Yarbrough