Forum Archive - GTranslate Free & Joomla 3.3.6 -> strange formatting issues

GTranslate Free & Joomla 3.3.6 -> strange formatting issues
Jul 11, 2015 1:22 am by FeuerSturm91
Dear GTranslate team, I've just installed the free version of GTranslate for Joomla 3 today and noticed some strange formatting issues of the translated texts: Some articles seem to "lose" linebreaks where they should be while having additional line breaks where they shouldn't.... Everything else seems to work as expected, but those formatting issues are bugging me. Would you maybe have an idea about what's wrong? My website: https://stats-sig.eu P.S.: If I translate my website via "translate.google.com", my webfont is lost, but the formatting of the text is fine.... Thanks in advance!
Re: GTranslate Free & Joomla 3.3.6 -> strange formatting iss
Jul 16, 2015 9:22 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have just checked your website and it seems OK for me. May be you can provide more specific details or a screenshot? Thanks!
Jul 16, 2015 9:53 pm by FeuerSturm91
Hi Edvard, thanks for your reply, I've attached 2 screenshots, both contain the English original and the German translation. I've marked the important sections, green like it should look and red like it looks after the translation. I'm using the "on-the-fly" method as "redirect" is only opening the google translate website for me without doing anything further. https://stats-sig.eu/FeuerSturm91/translation_01.png https://stats-sig.eu/FeuerSturm91/translation_02.png This is an example DOM source for the English original: <strong>World of Warships pre-defined signatures for RU, NA &amp; ASIA fixed!</strong><br><br> Due to changes on player profile pages on RU, NA &amp; ASIA websites, signatures for<br>those cluster had been broken, this has just been fixed!<br><br><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Note:</strong></span> Custom Signatures remain broken for those clusters for now, I'm working on it!<br><br>Sorry for the inconveniences and have a nice evening! This is the translation: <strong><font><font>World of Kriegsschiffe vordefinierten Signaturen für RU, NA &amp; ASIA behoben!</font></font></strong><br><br><font><font> Aufgrund von Änderungen am Spieler-Profil-Seiten auf RU, NA &amp; ASIA Websites, Unterschriften für </font></font><br><font><font>diejenigen Cluster gebrochen war, hat dies nur fest! </font><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong><font>Hinweis:</font></strong></span><font> Benutzerdefinierte Signaturen bleiben gebrochen für die Cluster für jetzt bin ich daran zu arbeiten! </font><font>Es tut uns leid für die Unannehmlichkeiten und haben einen schönen Abend!</font></font><br><br><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong><font></font></strong></span><font></font><br><br><font></font> There's lots of opening and closing "font" html tags now, no idea why.... Thanks for looking into it!
Jul 19, 2015 2:35 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to use <br/> tag instead of <br> .
Jul 19, 2015 2:43 pm by FeuerSturm91
Hi, Please try to use <br/> tag instead of <br> . Hi Yana, that was one of the first steps I did before posting here, same result. I found a work-around though, placing lines of text in <div></div> tags instead of using the <br> & <br/> line break tags at the end of the lines works perfect.
Jul 19, 2015 7:19 pm by Yana
I'm glad you found the solution. Thank you for the update.