Forum Archive - Translation costing me a fortune!

Translation costing me a fortune!
Jul 26, 2015 11:55 am by furnivat
Do the makers of GTranslate you have any tips for reducing my translation bill with Google, please? I currently spend hundreds of dollars / month on translation! (I use GTranslate Pro version.) I do not make enough from non-English language sales to compensate for this huge expenditure so I am going to have to uninstall GTranslate unless I can find a way to significantly reduce my expenditure on automatic translation. I noticed in the debug file that GTranslate tells Google not to cache any content on Google's side. Could this be part of my problem? Is there any way of changing this? * upload completely sent off: 111 out of 111 bytes < HTTP/1.1 200 OK < Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate < Pragma: no-cache < Expires: Fri, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT Thank you for any advice you can give.
Re: Translation costing me a fortune!
Jul 26, 2015 8:58 pm by Edvard
Use Enterprise version.
Jul 27, 2015 9:04 am by furnivat
I don't understand how that would save me money. Are the translations cached for longer with the Enterprise version, please?
Jul 27, 2015 1:39 pm by Yana
Hi, Yes, GTranslate Enterprise keeps the translation cache on our server.
Jul 27, 2015 1:57 pm by furnivat
But do I still have to pay Google to translate my content and provide an API key? I am not 100% clear about how this works from the information available on this site I'm afraid.
Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm by Edvard
No, you don't need to pay for API usage.
Jul 27, 2015 10:10 pm by furnivat
Thank you for this information. I will definitely upgrade then. With all due respect I don't think your website emphasizes this huge cost saving advantage of the Enterprise over the Pro version. You could probably sell many more licenses if this were stated more clearly on the site, since the era of free Google and Bing translation is over.
Jul 28, 2015 9:02 am by Edvard
Thanks for the advice! We have added that info into our FAQ list.