Forum Archive - Not all URLs re-write and get a 404 when they do

Not all URLs re-write and get a 404 when they do
May 5, 2011 2:32 pm by [email protected]
Hi I've just installed GTranslate pro on to my website I am having the problem that only some of the URLs on my (wordpress) site get re-written, and when they do, I get a 404. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide, I have ioncube, curl and json the gtranslate folder is in public_html on my server - but still no luck. I have disabled w3cache, just in case that was interfering + have stripped back my htaccess to the bare bones: Options +FollowSymLinks # gtranslate config <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] </IfModule> # gtranslate config # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress # Externally redirect the non www hostname to the www hostname RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^lcd-enclosure\.com [NC] RewriteRule (.*) http://www.lcd-enclosure.com/$1 [R=301,L] # Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Dave
Re: Not all URLs re-write and get a 404 when they do
May 6, 2011 8:44 am by [email protected]
I have also logged in to the translate api console - and it looks like there has been no requests made to the api which is maybe why the pages are empty- I have got a standard api key and have checked that it is correct in the config file - do I need an OAuth account too?
May 6, 2011 9:55 am by Edvard
Hi, Not sure what you did, but seems that it works: http://www.lcd-enclosure.com/ru/ for Russian. You just need to enable the language selector and configure appropriately to work with the Pro.
May 6, 2011 10:26 am by [email protected]
Hmmm - I'm not sure what I did either!! But it seems to be working fine now. Perhaps I made too many changes to htaccess too fast or there is some sort of lag writing the cached content to the server?? Thanks anyway! Dave