Forum Archive - pre sale question

pre sale question
Dec 10, 2010 5:53 pm by aaronpyne
Hello, I'm interested in the pro version and it specifically doing the sef urls. If install this plugin, can I then send out a link to say French customers to go to www.mysite.com/fr/ and it will take them to my site already translated? Or must they go to the english site and then select the german translation? We also want to setup a splash page forcing the user to select from a specific list of languages. So I was going to put links on the splash page that would go to each language. I.e. www.mysite.com/fr/ www.mysite.com/ja/ www.mysite.com/gr/ etc. Will this work? Thanks!
Re: pre sale question
Dec 10, 2010 5:59 pm by Edvard
Yes, you can direct your customers directly to French version of your page. If you want, you can create a custom splash screen to force them to select the language before they start navigating your site.
Dec 10, 2010 6:45 pm by aaronpyne
Great, thanks! Can you give an example of what the custom url will look like? If i have www.mysite.com/bio will that become www.mysite.com/fr/bio ? Thanks!
Dec 10, 2010 6:51 pm by Edvard
Exactly, you got it correct.