Forum Archive - Enterprise questions (new user)

Enterprise questions (new user)
Oct 29, 2015 2:08 pm by Bosse
I really don't get a handle on this... My domain: klockanett.se # Adding a CNAME record Done that. Seems to work just fine. # Enable URL Translation Done that. Seems to work just fine. Problems: # Account settings I've got a usr/pwd in the mail. Where shall I enter it? # Detecting selected language Don't understand this. What shall I do and where? # Removing non-www to www redirect for our network Doesn't work. I get an error 500. # Editing Translations Doesn't work. No pencil icons so I can't manually translate anything (I log in at front as admin and use ?language_edit=1 at the end of the url). What did I miss? # Enable JSON format translation I don't even know what this is/means. What shall I do and where? And why? # And this one (a biggie, since this is the reason I bought GTranslate in the first place): I use Ecwid shop. When using GTranslate Free the content in the shop gets translated but when Enterprise option turned on, nothing gets translated. How do I fix this? /Bosse
Re: Enterprise questions (new user)
Oct 30, 2015 3:42 am by Edvard
Hi, You will need to follow the instructions in your email. I can see you have done that, but you still have not configured the language selector to work with Enterprise version. You need to turn Enterprise option on from GTranslate module settings. Please find my answers below: # Account settings You need to use the email/password when editing translations. For example if you want to edit English version of your front page you need to go to http://en.klockanett.se/ and add ?language_edit=1 in the end of the URL which will open the edit interface. # Detecting selected language You do not need to do anything about this unless you need to know which language is currently selected. # Removing non-www to www redirect for our network Currently you are not redirecting klockanett.se to http://www.klockanett.se, so you do not need to do anything, as detailed in the instructions email. # Enable JSON format translation It is being used while your website uses AJAX communication in JSON format to load content on the fly. If you have communications like that let me know to check it for you. # the last one It seems that all your shop content is being loaded from ecwid website and misses your klockanett.se. You will need to talk to the Ecwid joomla extension developer to learn if there is an option to serve the shop content from your website. Thanks!
Oct 30, 2015 3:16 pm by Bosse
Here's a dump from my talk with Ecwid support. What's your verdict..? :) http://www.klockanett.se/ecwidchatdump.png
Oct 30, 2015 3:43 pm by Edvard
Hi, Since the content is being loaded from Ecwid directly we cannot translate it. They suggest to integrate the translation using their API, but it is a big task. Let me know if you would like to get a refund. Thanks!
Oct 30, 2015 3:47 pm by Bosse
Hi, Thanks for the offer on refund. Rain check..? :) It's more important to me that I get a good translation, than it is to use Ecwid. I will look to see if I can find another Joomla shop (other that Virtuemart, that I don't like). If I find a shop that works with GTranslate, we're on... :) If not, I will humbly accept the refund. Deal?
Oct 30, 2015 7:40 pm by Edvard
Sure!
Oct 30, 2015 7:42 pm by Bosse
Thanks!
Nov 5, 2015 10:07 am by Bosse
Hi, Since the content is being loaded from Ecwid directly we cannot translate it. They suggest to integrate the translation using their API, but it is a big task. Let me know if you would like to get a refund. Thanks! Hi Edward, Nops, I can't find anything that I'm comfortable with. So, yes, if you please would unregister me and refund it. Thanks! /Bosse
Nov 6, 2015 3:54 am by Edvard
We have made the refund per your request. Thanks!