Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro and JoomFish settings.

GTranslate Pro and JoomFish settings.
May 9, 2011 8:14 am by lakis21
Hi edo888, I need a little help, please, with Gtranslate Pro and JoomFish. My site is makishouse.com/index.php If want to have english and greek language manualy translated all the pages of the site, and use Gtranslate Pro for bulgrarian Language dynamic translated. I Have Joomla 1.5.23, Joom!Fish Version V2.1.7 (Dafad) and mod_gtranslate 1.5.x.23 For Now i have jfrouter off and I have no problem with English and Bulgarian. But as you understand the Greek Language does now work. I read all the related threads on the forum but after many tries, i coun't setup it correctly. /gtrasnlate/config.php <?php define('API_KEY', 'AIzaSyDcsErJ73MB6ZTANH5w_WDUYo71QW2IBbI'); // You need to get your Google Translate API key from https://code.google.com/apis/console/?api=translate define('MAIN_LANG', 'en'); // en, ar, bg, hr, cn, ct, cs, da, et, tl, fi, fr, gl, el, iw, hi, es, nl, id, ja, ca, ko, lt, lv, mt, de, no, pt, ru, ro, sr, sk, sl, sv, th, tr, uk, hu, vi, it, pl, sq define('AUTO_DETECT_LANG', true); // set to true if you have mixed language content define('CACHE_TIME', 365*24*60*60); // 1 year by default, no need to decrease define('LICENSE', 'license.dat'); define('SSL_VERIFY_PEER', true); // disable if you get CA certificate error and cannot reconfigure your server to solve the issue define('DEBUG', true); // turn on for debug mode // username and password to edit translations, please change for security reasons, // this is not your google login/pass, you need to think something new define('USER', 'user'); define('PASS', 'pass'); .htaccess # mod_rewrite in use RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/el RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/en RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/el RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/en RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] I need the correct settings for this.If it is possible... Also I have few question for this setup. Do I have to have installed on the Joomla Language all the Language, or only the 2 of joomfish? English, Greek, Bulgarian or only English ang Greek Do I have to have and the 3 of them enable on the JoomFish? Or only the English and Greek? on GTranslate Module which are the Correct Parameters? Translation Method: Google Default, On Fly (jQuery), or Redirect Load jQuery library: Off or On Operate with GTranslate Pro Version: On Open translated page in new window: Off Analytics: Off Do I have to have enable the Jfrouter ? if yes, which are the parameters? Enable Language determination: No or Yes Language selection for new visitors? Use 302 redirect: No or Yes Use SEF prefix or domains? SEF Prefix or Domain Sorry for the number of questions, but it will be more clear to me and to other users, if they wand to do something similar... Best Regards, Triantafillos P.S. Sorry for my bad english... :)
Re: GTranslate Pro and JoomFish settings.
May 10, 2011 5:22 pm by Edvard
Hi, The .htaccess is OK. You need to set the default language code in jfrouter to be blank, turn off language detection and cookies. No need to install additional language packs.
May 10, 2011 7:53 pm by lakis21
Hi edo888, thanks for your reply!!! You need to set the default language code in jfrouter to be blank Can you help me from where i Can to this? Best Regards, Triantafillos
May 10, 2011 9:21 pm by lakis21
Thanks a lot , I solved it I had to select Search Engine Friendly URLs : YES from SEO Settings at site Global Configuration. Best Regards, Triantafillow