Forum Archive - Redirect & Internal Server Error

Redirect & Internal Server Error
May 12, 2011 12:01 pm by Riel
Hi, I sent you e-mail on May 9, 2011 to edo888 and I have no response. So I'll post the questions in here. I use GTranslate Pro on my website. This website using Mighty Resources (mightyextensions.com) to manage its contents. I can translate the pages with On Fly (jQuery) option. But if I use Redirect and Operate with GTranslate Pro version, I got Internal Server Error. My VPS server meets all GTranslate Pro requirements and I’m pretty sure I’ve followed all instructions in the readme file including the troubleshooting page in the forum. I have read all the questions in the forum too. The cache folder working and store all translations cache in there. Nothing show up in error log. The debug.txt file shows the translation process but stop on line 8690. In my opinion, the process run as expected. I’m afraid GTranslate Pro is not compatible with Mighty Resources (open source). Mighty Resources have its own router so the component can use the standard Joomla SEF. I think there is a problem (incompatibility) between Mighty Resources SEF (router) and GTranslate Pro htaccess setup. Perhaps you could check it in your test environment. Because I don’t know what to do anymore to get rid the Internal Server Error. When I bought GTranslate Pro, I thought it will work with Redirect feature for my website. Please your advice. Perhaps you have another insights about this problem. Atur Lorielcide
Re: Redirect & Internal Server Error
May 12, 2011 12:48 pm by Edvard
I cannot see it installed on your site, when I go to http://www.domain.com/ru/ I get 404 not found error.
May 12, 2011 4:24 pm by Riel
Please check back again now. I've enable the redirect option. It takes about 40 seconds for the page to loading until the Internal Server Page shows up. FYI, here are the htaccess content after RewriteEngine On : RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L] # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA]
May 12, 2011 4:32 pm by Riel
I think you should know about this too. Sometimes, the page with redirect url can show up with the translation. In another words, from 10-15 page that I open, I only succeed open 1 page without Internal Server Error (please try english translation).
May 12, 2011 5:04 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have checked about 10 pages and cannot see the Internal Server Error. Please check the PHP error logs to find out the reason for the error. May be there is a 30 seconds limit on your server for scripts? Currently you have reached the daily limit for the translations and it doesn't try to connect to the translator server to ask for translation. May be it happens when it tries to connect to the translator server? If the internet connection of your server is not good enough, it can take a lot of time and it can time out.