Forum Archive - Force page refresh when different language is chosen?

Force page refresh when different language is chosen?
Feb 15, 2016 9:27 pm by Ashiado
Hello, In experimenting with GTranslate, there have been a couple of times when I've gotten a mixture of languages appearing on my pages. For example, if I first choose German and then switch to French, then sometimes there are German words mixed in with the French (FYI, the source language is English). However, if I refresh the page, then the German words that have been cached clear, and the translation shows up correctly. So: what I am wondering is whether there is some small bit of code that I could add to the "onchange" function that would force the page to refresh/reload any time a different language were chosen. The site content is very light, and the theme is light, so I'm not worried about page load times. Would this be an easy adjustment or something complicated? Thank you!!! :)
Re: Force page refresh when different language is chosen?
Feb 16, 2016 6:50 am by Yana
Hi, Please make sure that you do not have any caching extensions.
Feb 16, 2016 10:54 am by Ashiado
Hi - I don't have any caching extensions at all. Is a forced refresh/reload with the onchange function possible? Thanks!
Feb 16, 2016 7:34 pm by Yana
Hi, Please post your website address, so we can check it.
Feb 17, 2016 7:56 am by Ashiado
Hi Yana, The website is still in development and so is changing a lot at the moment. So as not to confuse things, I will post the link as soon as the setup becomes more settled. Am I right to assume from your response that a forced refresh/reload with the onchange function either is not possible or that you don't recommend it? Thanks!
Feb 18, 2016 9:03 am by Edvard
Please provide your address, so we can check it for you. Thanks!