Forum Archive - The plugin is causing the following two errors...

The plugin is causing the following two errors...
Feb 22, 2016 5:55 am by Steppen-Wolf
...(O)n my two WP blogs using the Twenty Ten theme [completely updated to the latest version, 2.1 (Twenty Ten appears to be still supported because it was updated not too long ago); as well as to the latest version of WP, 4.4.2], though they don't show up anywhere, or seem to cause any (serious?) problem(s), other than on the Dashboard GTranslate settings page: Notice: Undefined variable: show_dropdown in /home/content/17/4421117/html/formlegal/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 424 Notice: Undefined variable: show_flags in /home/content/17/4421117/html/formlegal/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 426 Do you have any idea(s) what is causing this; and, if so, can you update the plugin to correct it/them? The other two almost identical errors, for the other blog (I have one blog in the root directory, and the other in the subdirectory "/formlegal/, of the same domain name and hosting), are: Notice: Undefined variable: show_dropdown in /home/content/17/4421117/html/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 424 Notice: Undefined variable: show_flags in /home/content/17/4421117/html/wp-content/plugins/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 426 Please let me know what you (can) come up with. Cheers!
Re: The plugin is causing the following two errors...
Feb 22, 2016 12:00 pm by Edvard
Hi, It will be corrected in the next version. For production website it is recommended to turn off PHP errors. This are just a notice messages and will not cause any issues. You may edit plugins/gtranslate/gtranslate.php file and delete lines 423 and 424 which will fix it meanwhile. Thanks!
Re: The plugin is causing the following additonal error...
Feb 22, 2016 3:58 pm by Steppen-Wolf
Thanks, Edvard. But I noticed I'm getting another error now that, really strangely, is showing up in the theme's search box(!), as follows: <br /><b>Notice</b>: wp_specialchars is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.8! Use esc_html() instead. in <b>/home/content/17/4421117/html/wp-includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>3573</b><br /> It includes the html code, and did not happen before until I installed and activated the "GTranslate", "Lingotek Translation" and "Polylang" plugins. Are there conflicts between your plugin and one or both of those other plugins, and/or with the latest version(s) of WP? By the way, I used to have really good luck with the "Global Translator" plugin; but, with the advent of the latest version(s) of WP and that plugin, it was causing errors similar to the two that I first reported to you above, and they were so severe that I started intermittently getting server errors and being unable to access the blogs at all. I reported them to the creator of the Global Translator plugin on the WP forum, but he has apparently ignored me and is doing nothing to correct the errors(?), so I had to shutdown the plugin [then the errors, and the intermittent inability to access the blogs, stopped entirely, and I and others were then able to get access to the blogs again with no problem(s)]. As worked for someone else as reported on the WP forum for that plugin, I tried backpedaling to an older version of the Global Translator plugin on one of the blogs to test whether or not that would work, but that did not correct the errors for me either, so I had to shut down the plugin again. So, is the foregoing error associated with your plugin, or something else? And do you know, is and/or are the latest version(s) of WP buggy and causing all kinds of problems like this? Thank you again, and keep up the good work.
Feb 22, 2016 4:36 pm by Steppen-Wolf
P.S.---My WP dashboard as it's setup now doesn't show the line number delineations, so how do I make those line numbers show up so I can delete those two lines that you recommended deleting?
Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm by Edvard
That one is not related to us. Use an editor with line number support or just count the lines.
Feb 22, 2016 6:02 pm by Steppen-Wolf
Count 423 lines, are you kidding me?! Here we go again with the "techie superiority complex" and rudeness. How 'bout you come down off your high-horse, and ego-tripping, be polite and recommend an editor with line number support, instead of being rude and falsely acting superior (newsflash: NOBODY, including myself, is superior to, or better than, ANYONE else!). So, please get Truly Real and be more helpful. Thank you. P.P.S.---Isn't there a way to turn on the line numbers in WP, because I seem to remember that it had them by default in previous versions; and, if so, why wouldn't you help a guy out and remind him where that setting is (if there is one)?
Feb 22, 2016 6:06 pm by Edvard
Sorry. I'm not able to help you more.
Feb 22, 2016 10:49 pm by Steppen-Wolf
Well then, frack off. I will not be able to help you guys by reporting additional errors if there are any either. Great way to drive people away who are one of your greatest resources for finding out how things are working and/or what errors they're experiencing. Good job (NOT!). You're the envy of self-righteous "techies" everywhere, and a scourge to "non-techies" the world-over. Have a great life, a-hole. (Your plugins are definitely persona non'grata for me from now on; and I encourage everyone not to use them anymore either, anymore than I will be.)
Feb 23, 2016 6:41 am by Edvard
Thank you for your kind words!